CL1 is causing speaker exploding noise

Official support for: artsacoustic.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've just crossed to Mac and I'm in the process of porting many songs over to OSX...
When i am reloading the projects in Cubase 6.5.4 x86 the CL1's are sending out +100dB noise. If i disable them and reopen the project, as soon as i re-enable them the killer noise happens. Very uncool.

One of these projects is only using about 5% of my CPU resources so the machine isn't maxed out or anything.

My Macbook is running OSX 10.8.2

PS. it's CL-1 version 1.0.19 - 32bit

...i find as I open the 3 tracks i'm working on which all have CL-1 in them, one project doesn't do it, one project always does it and one project does it half of the time :P
My lord...

It wouldn't be such a problem except I have CL-1s all OVER my tracks.

nobody? somebody? please

sqigls wrote:I've just crossed to Mac and I'm in the process of porting many songs over to OSX...
When i am reloading the projects in Cubase 6.5.4 x86 the CL1's are sending out +100dB noise. If i disable them and reopen the project, as soon as i re-enable them the killer noise happens. Very uncool.

One of these projects is only using about 5% of my CPU resources so the machine isn't maxed out or anything.

My Macbook is running OSX 10.8.2
Are you using the AU or the VST version ? I found this to happen more often when using the AU plug in I also found out that when loading specific plug ins my CL would freak out and make a very loud pop and then stop passing audio, I added more RAM and it helped a bit, the CL is more stable now, I also started using Studio One by presonus and even though it's a new DAW CL works great with Studio One, no problem so far, with Digital Performer there are lots of bugs, dunno about cubase ...

Return to “Arts Acoustic”