Released on patchpool: Sound Bank Alchemistry for Alchemy

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Alchemistry is discounted at 25% today within the patchpool Golden Octobre campaign.

Sampleconstruct wrote:Alchemistry is discounted at 25% today within the patchpool Golden Octobre campaign.
Bump the discount - about 10 hours left for this offer...

I just distributed the updated presets for Alchemistry to all existing customers:

Some of you might already have downloaded and installed the latest Beta version of Alchemy which is available to Alchemy customers via their Camel Audio support account.
In Alchemy 1.50 a new Preset Browser is introduced, this also means that the subcategories I added to all my Alchemy soundsets do not exist anymore.
Alchemist losan - who some of you will know from the KVR and NI forums - was so incredibly kind to tag all the presets from Alchemistry, he also added the original categories in the "user tags" and some playing tips from my pdf file.

You can now browse through your presets using keywords for articulations, timbre or type in the sounddesigner you're looking for - so type in e.g. "Simon Stockhausen" in the search field and all my presets will appear. Or browse by Sound Library to see all presets from Alchemistry in one list.

I also added a thumbnail image (png) to the preset folder so a pic will appear when a preset from Alchemistry is selected in the browser. The original Preset folder was renamed to "Alchemistry" instead of "Sound Bank Alchemistry".
As Alchemistry uses many aaz-files (resynthed sample data) this download is rather large: 409.3 MB

Please note: These presets will only work with the current public Beta version, not with any former version of Alchemy, so if you're still using the release version (1.25) don't install these new presets.

The download folder only contains the acp and aaz-files not the samples, you don't need to re-install the samples, only the new presets. After unzipping the file you downloaded, place the contained folder "Alchemistry" here and delete the existing folder "Sound Bank Alchemistry":

Mac: HD(not user)/Library/Application Support/Camel Audio/Alchemy/Presets
Windows: PathToDataDirectory/Alchemy.data/Presets/

Then use the function "Scan for New Presets" from the File Menue in Alchemy and you'll be ready to go and make full use of the new browsing system.

More updates for my other soundsets will follow.

Simon

Is it just me that can't use these presets due to CPU issues? I have a fairly recent macbook pro i7 quadcore 2.2GHZ processor and the cpu on most of these goes towards 50% cpu in Ableton Live if I play polyphonically and causes pops and crackles whenever I try to use the morph square. Is this normal? I've never seen any other presets get this high so I'm not sure what to do.

Echoes in the Attic wrote:Is it just me that can't use these presets due to CPU issues? I have a fairly recent macbook pro i7 quadcore 2.2GHZ processor and the cpu on most of these goes towards 50% cpu in Ableton Live if I play polyphonically and causes pops and crackles whenever I try to use the morph square. Is this normal? I've never seen any other presets get this high so I'm not sure what to do.
Well, it was my first Alchemy Bank and I did things I wouldn't do today like using 2 HQ filters in one patch, using several resynthed sources in one patch, setting Osc No to higher than 40 when using resynthed files, using high quality reverb settings and so on. Turn polyphony down while tracking, increase buffer size in your host, turn off the reverb, change filters to normal instead of HQ.
I don't want to change the original presets as I love them as they are and I have received tremendously positive feedback for this Bank in the past 2 years from hundreds of users, a lower CPU version might be released some time in the future but I'd rather look forward than backwards.

The HQ filters don't usually cause too much cpu for me, nor the high quality reverb. But maybe it's the resynthesis used.

Does it help turning down the number of oscs after it's already been resynthesized? I'll give that a try anyways. I don't usually use terribly low buffer setting anyways, about 128 samples.

Echoes in the Attic wrote:The HQ filters don't usually cause too much cpu for me, nor the high quality reverb. But maybe it's the resynthesis used.

Does it help turning down the number of oscs after it's already been resynthesized? I'll give that a try anyways. I don't usually use terribly low buffer setting anyways, about 128 samples.
128 sample buffer is definitely too small for this Bank. Resynthed sources are always CPU hogs, when you have 3-4 of them in a single patch, 128 sample buffer is a no go. Try 256 or 512 while tracking. And yes, turning down the Osc numbers to below 40 does have a big effect, it is audible with some sources, it doesn't make the sound bad, just less bright and detailed sometimes, depending on the complexity of the source material.

Return to “Soundware”