Right click on Mac?

Official support for: bigtickaudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The Rhino manual mentions right clicking several times. I am on a Mac with a single-click mouse, control clicking does nothing. What is the Mac workaround?

If you've tried control click, be advised that not all software will work that way. Some of my pro tools plugs need an actual two button mouse, that won't do it.
KVR/eSoundz: Xenobt

Yeah if you're going to do any kind of real work on a mac the first thing you should invest in is a proper mouse.

gone
Last edited by jacqueslacouth on Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

jacqueslacouth wrote:Do you have one of the really old Mac Mouse devices that only have a single button or have you simply not enabled right click on the mouse that appears to only have one click but in fact can right click if you change your mouse settings from default (which is left and right only offer first function).
On my own rig I have a trackball that lets me right click. But I also manage a Mac lab that has newer, single click mouses. I see that one can program this mouse using the center small button and side buttons, but the programming for those buttons, accessed from Systems Preferences doesn't include an option for right click.

In my experience, I've been able to routinely reach contextual menus by control-clicking on a Mac. I have not been required to right click in any application I use, which is why I posed this question to this forum.

Any further insight would be appreciated.

OK I see that in fact those newer mouses can be programmed to right click, by just leaning the mouse to the right.

gone

Return to “Big Tick”