FINALLY!! the search is nearly over! :)

Official support for: sonigen.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Chris, my first post is one of elation and thanks!

Having been a Nord modular user for over 10 years I have been looking for something that comes close to the ease of use and flexibility of the nord but frees me from the bane of hardware synths!

Just been going through your plug in (vst version) and it looks like you are really getting close! :) I have tried every other one I could find (inc Reaktor) and this is sooooo close to the nord (and the creamware pulsar) ethos that it's a joy to work in!

So apart from just being happy I wanted to say I'm more than happy to not only beta test to destruction any new versions but also happy to pay good money for it when you bring it out of beta! :)

Just thought I'd mention a few suggestions in case they are useful based on many years of modular/synthesis use (and teaching)

As mentioned in another thread, if you haven't already it's really worth trying out the nord G2 demo as you might as take the good stuff from it (and there is many years of innovation there) because it was confirmed to me at a trade show that it's now completely "deadware" (main programmer left).
(demo version with sound output here)
http://www.nordkeyboards.com/main.asp?t ... &osdwn=osw

Few questions (I hope that's ok?) ;)

1- Are you planning on a multi input version which is the same as the main one but with say 4 inputs (would love 8) ;) that can be routed to anything (including modulation)? (you mention an "fx only" version but I'm not sure if that's the same as above?

2- Would donations allow you to work on it more (aka "get me closer to my dream of not needing my nord any more)? ;) Have a few people who would be up for this although some may be mac users.

3- Multi-segment envelopes and LFO with either sawtooth that starts positive or a multi segment design so we can make our own.

Lastly, Keep going (as I'm sure you will)!! :) There are loads of disenfranchised Nord users searching for a nord in VST "clothing" and as long as we all get the word out to them they will come "flocking"! ;)

MBN

musicbynumbers wrote: (and the creamware pulsar)
MBN
Agreed, in fact i am going to sell my Scopes :D

I still have two to sell myself Gpunk! ;)

Chris, I posted a new thread on the Reaper DAW site (which I partake in a lot of beta testing there too) to try and help get the word out and rally support/energy/money to help with your development in getting the full potential out of your "baby"! ;)

Here is the link..
http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php? ... post775577

This is the first synth i have come across (Apart from ones i have built myself) that can do a genuine Reese or Noiser bass without needing to be resampled.
I must admit up until this point i have found that (Besides the Scope modular obviously) most soft synths have just not had the guts (Within a usable CPU) to do big dirty basses, and resampling has been the key.

SMod has become my favorite synth right now and when i showed it to our keyboard player today he nearly coughed his spleen out hahaha

musicbynumbers wrote: 1- Are you planning on a multi input version which is the same as the main one but with say 4 inputs (would love 8) ;) that can be routed to anything (including modulation)? (you mention an "fx only" version but I'm not sure if that's the same as above?
It's not somthing I've thought about to be honest but I'll add it to the ideas list. They would have to be mono inputs (or mixed to mono) to be useable as modulation sources.

The FX version was just an idea for making a patchable effect processor, but it probably would be easier to roll it all into one version.

2- Would donations allow you to work on it more (aka "get me closer to my dream of not needing my nord any more)? ;) Have a few people who would be up for this although some may be mac users.
It would but i dont want to do this. If things go well once I get to V1.0 and start selling then I can work on it full time.
3- Multi-segment envelopes and LFO with either sawtooth that starts positive or a multi segment design so we can make our own.
Something that can do complex envelopes and LFOs at the same time is already on the todo list.

Thanks,
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com

Thanks for your answers :)

Mono sources is fine, Having ins would be so powerful and it's one of the best points about the nord modular as you can make your own effects like transient designers. I often send drums to synth lines to modulate them against each other (FM mostly) and would love this again (without the hardware ins and outs mess of the nord hardware) :)

Rolling it all into one VST sounds amazing!

Look forward to the next version!

Return to “Sonigen”