Logic and AS libraries

Official support for: acousticsamples.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi folks,

I'm a Logic user and launch this thread for those who deal with this DAW and our beloved AcousticsampleS libraries.
Nicolas

GB and Logic Express user
Imac 2007
libraries : East West (Gypsy, Goliath, Symphonic Orchestra), AcousticsampleS (their amazing pianos), Best Service (Accordions), Precision Sounds (Balalaïka, Cymbalum, Alpine Zither)

I've just installed the DVDs of Kawai EX Pro, Academic Grand, E.piano and B.piano.
All of them are compatible with Logic but I can't manage to open them for the moment
(either inside Logic or directly by double clicking on some folders like AcademicGrand.exs, or KawaiEX_Player.exs).

Here is what I did :
I extracted my dvd files on my desktop with the Unrar software, then gather the folders in a AcousticsampleS libraries folder and put them in Library (Bibliothèque on french Mac, bonjour les frenchies ;-) ).
I had already tried to open them when they still were on the desktop and didn't succeed either.

What do I have to do to open the libraries ?
Do I have to put the samples manually in Logic ?
(something I'd have to learn in this case !)

best

Nicolas
Nicolas

Imac 2007
libraries : East West (Gypsy, Goliath, Symphonic Orchestra), AcousticsampleS (their amazing pianos), Best Service (Accordions), Precision Sounds (Balalaïka, Cymbalum, Alpine Zither)

hb222 wrote: What do I have to do to open the libraries ?
Opening an exs can be done in two different ways in logic.

Here is a tuto i found on vimeo: http://vimeo.com/9951069

The other solution is to open it manually from any location. Just load an exs track, then click on the edit button. It will open the instrument editor. Now in the Instrument menu, select open (ouvrir pour les frenchies :) ) and just choose your exs file.

Have fun :)

ok :)
thanks for the info thyms00, I'll try that

(Bibliothèque c'est une indication pour les débutants (d'AudioFanzine notamment) comme moi (il m'est arrivé dans le passé de faire l'erreur de chercher le dossier Library qui n'existe pas sur nos machines))
Nicolas

Imac 2007

Are there any advantages to other players for this library on the mac
that EXS does not provide? Is it worth getting kontakt?

thysm00 wrote:
hb222 wrote: What do I have to do to open the libraries ?
Opening an exs can be done in two different ways in logic.

Here is a tuto i found on vimeo: http://vimeo.com/9951069

The other solution is to open it manually from any location. Just load an exs track, then click on the edit button. It will open the instrument editor. Now in the Instrument menu, select open (ouvrir pour les frenchies :) ) and just choose your exs file.

Have fun :)
Hi again,

I have tried both methods and didn't succeed.

I've tried the method of the vimeo tutorial with drag and drop the exs file to the Sampler Instruments of the Logic folder in Application support of Libray, and failed. I've also looked the procedure in Logic Nation forum, it is the same as described in vimeo tuto, so something is wrong in my attempts.

About the manual method when you mention the Instrument menu I assume the spot I should look at is "Instrument AU" in the lower part of the Instruments menu (with the EXS and Garageband in the upper part).
It is the first place I had checked because my other libraries (East West f.i.) had (and are still) located there so I assume it is the right place to search the AS libraries if the procedure worked well.
But at the moment there is none of my AS instrument there.

Do you have an idea of what went wrong ?

Nicolas
Nicolas

Imac 2007

when I say I failed with the vimeo tuto method I mean I draged and droped
and then looked in the instrument AU and didn't see it
and I also opened the file in the Sampler Instruments folder where I had droped the Kawai EX pro exs for instance and couldn't open it
I have this kind of messages :
Le document "KawaiEX_Player.exs" n'a pas pu être ouvert.

I read that there was a bug in Logic 9.10
http://www.logic-nation.com/index.php?o ... =9&id=1757
but it has been fixed in 9.11 version (which is the one I purchased anyway). So I don't think it is a Logic bug

N.
Nicolas

Imac 2007

I FINALLY SUCCEED
with the second method thyms mentioned

For the other newbies who had the difficulties I had : you must open the EXS SAMPLER (then the small edit button is on the right side of EXS sampler interface for those like me who are not familiar with it)

I'll do refine stuff later (like the mix and match of the Kawai mics), at the moment I have just opened and checked the great sounds of the AS pianos I 've just purchased (Academic Grand, Kawai Ex Pro, Epiano, Bpiano) and the sounds are really cool :)

I have encountered only one problem, on the Player mic of the Kawai
a note is missing ( Kawai_vel3up D#3.wav) when loading and is blocking the opening of the Player mic piano (I've clicked on Go on but the result anyway is many notes and layers missing). What do you think I have to do about that issue ?

best
Nicolas

Imac 2007

saver@aracnet.com wrote:Are there any advantages to other players for this library on the mac
that EXS does not provide? Is it worth getting kontakt?
Actually yes, the scripting ability of kontakt is really great and allows a finer tweaking as well as some really advanced functions.
But it will not change the overall sound of the library, i think that it will add more to the playability than to the sound itself.

As to the right procedure for EXS, i'm going to make a screencast, i'm sure it will be helpful.

About the missing file, did you check that this file is actually not in the folders? I will send you the file in a PM if you can't find it, but it's really strange that only one file is missing... By the way while you wait for the file, if it's not there, maybe take the "Kawai_vel2up D#3.wav" make a copy and rename it to "Kawai_vel3up D#3.wav", that way it should let you load the library.

OK here is the screencast:

Load an exs in logic

I hope this helps.

Return to “AcousticsampleS”