Novachord and Alan Wake game....

Archived support for: hollowsun.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

We were delighted to hear today that the Hollow Sun Novachord is used quite extensively in the soundtrack for the forthcoming X-Box extravaganza, Alan Wake.

Composer Petri Alanko was one of the first to buy it and says of it...

"I didn't have the opportunity to thank you for your magnificent work, but I'm going to do it now: without these samples AW's score would miss one very important layer, the touch of something that's been there for a long time, waiting for resurfacing. It's incredible what the patches can do, they fatten the sound up without taking space and cluttering the stereo image. I've recommended this library to practically everyone I've worked with.

One of my secret weapons was "Tesla Strings" with long attack, combined with Audio Damage's Vapor and EOS. Just press two notes, lean back and go "yeaaah". :)

I really have to tell you, people fall in love with the sound: right now I'm doing an album with Slusnik Luna, a Finnish club/trance group who are finally doing a proper best-of album and HS Novachord will be there in quite a few songs, actually. We're reopening every single song file, to restructure, remix and remaster them and the rest of the guys are really excited about having a piece of history playing on their album. I'll tell you more when it's done.
"

Alan Wake is due to be released on May 18th. More details, screenshots, trailers, etc., HERE.

An interview with Petri HERE

Cheers,

Steve
Last edited by hollowsun on Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

That's extremely cool. Congrats!

Thanks.

Congratulations, that is great news!
Just checked out the mp3 samples for the library and can't believe how beautiful it sounds, particularly the string patches and especially for 1939. :-o
It's hard to imagine the impact this unit could have had on music if it had been more understood at the time. A 30 year head start on Tangerine Dream and Vangelis (which were the 2 artists that came to mind while listening to the samples)is hard to fathom.
but i digress, again congrats on the well deserved exposure!

Return to “Hollow Sun”