I've searched and haven't found a good example....

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm in the process of developing my first VSTi soft synth (I already have a number of VSTe plugins) and I'm looking for a nice simple skeleton of a VSTi. I don't need any of the DSP logic, just the framework. Ideally the example wouldn't have any GUI code - I prefer to use the standard parameter interface and let the host do my GUI work for me, so I can concentrate on the DSP code.

I.e. the source to something like mda piano (minus all the piano/sample code) would be ideal.

Anybody have any tips? I've downloaded the source for ZR-3, VowelSynth, and CHIP32, and all of them have all this GUI stuff I can't decipher. A simpler example would be enormously helpful.

Thanks!!!!

Have you looked at the examples that come with the VSTSDK? AGain.cpp has a couple of controls and process() and processReplacing() methods.

D'oh! Sorry, you want a VSTi.

How about the vstxsynth example in the VSTSDK? Looks like it would be a start.

I seem to remember that Urs Heckman had code for polyphonic midi note management in his vst source code archive.

Fette Töle

Thanks y'all - duh, I should have looked in the VST SDK to start with. The simple VSTi that's in there does the trick perfectly.

Thanks for the tip on the polyphonic note management - I'll check it out. I have to do a bunch of experimentation before I get to polyphony but I should plan for it now.

Thanks again!

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”