AAR not working at all in Cubase

Official support for: artsacoustic.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi
I really like AAR and have used it succesfully in Cubase SE3 for a while now.However I recently moved to a new music computer and upgraded to Cubase Studio 5.I also downloaded the latest update for AAR and installed it onto the new computer. When I open up Cubase and go to AAR into a track, the gui never shows up and Cubase hangs...it doesn't entirely freeze but I can't perform any other functions, its like AAR is still trying to load.
After using task manager to end Cubase I would find that Cubase would still be running, using resources, although not visible or open.
I haven't had any problems with any 3rd party plugins in Cubase 5 other than AAR.I've tried re installing several times with no improvement or functionality.Any help?
Thanks
Jared

Hello,

actually this is an issue with Cubase 5. We are already working on it and since the code changes have been somewhat significant we are currenlty running through an extensive QA.

As long as the next version is not released we do have a workaround to fix this issue:
The ArtsAcoustic Reverb tries to display a dialog to enter the serial number. But on Cubase 5 this results in a not ending code loop. So to work around this dialog we kindly ask you to open the ArtsAcoustic Reverb in a alternative host (like VSTHost - http://www.hermannseib.com/english/vsthost.htm - or Reaper - www.reaper.fm -).
After entering the serial number for the ArtsAcoustic Reverb in the alternative host you are able to use the plugin in Cubase 5 as you did in Cubase 3.
Kind regards, alexander at artsacoustic.com

Return to “Arts Acoustic”