Can sylenth1 make this type of sound?

How to make that sound...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

see link:

http://www.2shared.com/file/5230891/db6 ... ample.html

I'm only interested in the main synth part, not the kick or bassline. Can anyone recommend a preset to start with or settings for me to create something similar?

Any help would be much appreciated - i know sylenth1 is capable of this type of sound but I just have no idea where to start.

TIA :)
"If it ain't broke, don't fix it"

Any takers? Is the link working ok?

hudson701 wrote:Any takers? Is the link working ok?
Easily :wink:
rob

Part A Page A = Saw Wav / Part A Page B = Q Pulse

LFO 1 Rate 8T or 32D - Gain between 3.33 - 4.05 - Offset 0.00 (PITCH CONTROL AB)

Filter B/A Page B Part A / Filter A Part A = Both LPF (FILTER CONTROL)

LFO 2 Rate 4 or 8D for Volume or Mix AB Pages AB = -10.00/or - 6.00 (VOLUME AB)

all you have to do now is tweak the filter and add a touch of Phaser or Detune and Phase on both parts...Chorus aswell if you wish...no Reverb only Delay at L=8D R=4T
Smear + 40.00 or thereabouts DRY/WET = 33.33

Assign Cutoffs to Velocity A -1.05 Page A / A + 10 Page B part A

Sorry i could go on but i'll be here all night hehe but i hope this gives you a good idea..i'll try to recreate these sounds for you in my next release.
:wink:
Rob

thank you very much for the reply i will try this now!

they are basic settings for the sound you are looking for..you will need to tweak it a little but Sylenth can definatley produce that sound. :wink:
rob

I am Rob_Lee of Borg

Resisitance is futile.

tehlord wrote:I am Rob_Lee of Borg

Resisitance is futile.
??????????????????????????????? :D

Cyborgs, automata, machine like brains....... :hihi:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borg_(Star_Trek)

tehlord wrote:Cyborgs, automata, machine like brains....... :hihi:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borg_(Star_Trek)
Wanna buy a flute? :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

As long as you wipe the slobber off the gob slit.

the settings you describe create a similar sort of sound although it doesnt quite have the 3 dimensional quality to it. I can definitely hear where the sound is coming from when chorus is applied though...

hudson701 wrote:the settings you describe create a similar sort of sound although it doesnt quite have the 3 dimensional quality to it. I can definitely hear where the sound is coming from when chorus is applied though...
3 dimensional quality? i just provided the basics :)use the stereo knobs and phase buttons to carefully adjust to your liking and apply some subtle Sylenth e.q
also try adjust the gain + offset on both lfo's until it's perfect.Don't forge that to get that 3 dimensional feel to a patch you need to experiment with Phase/Pan/Detune/Chorus..i hope this helps.Wish i could show you in person what i mean :wink:
Rob

Return to “Sound Design”