How to make a certain kick sound... See inside

How to make that sound...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Well i was wondering how to make the kick sound like the one in the following soung.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_so ... ID=7195871

The kick starts at 43 seconds into the song.

Anybody know how to replicate that kind of sound for a kick or a VST that sounds like it? I am still a newbie so any help would be appreciated :).

Stylus RMX has a bunch of kicks that sound like that. It's a pretty standard sounding kick. You could make one yourself by layering a 909 kick with a sampled live kick, for example. It's just a question of mixing, matching and experimenting with different samples and synthesized drum hits, really.
Last edited by phraggle on Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Buy a wav sample or download a free one, eq, compress and be done with it. Or you could try creating your own sounds?! :wink:

i remixed that song last year...

anyway :)

that kick can be found in almost every hard dance/hard style/trance record.

You can find multiple copies and variations of it on the Vengeance Club CD's or in the NEXUS Dance Drums expansions.

Oh ok so it's not really mimicable using free samples atm.. or none that i can find anyway and i looked EVERYWHERE... least thats what it feels like. I think i spend more time looking for sounds then i do actually creating stuff lol.

Return to “Sound Design”