Fatkid remix of southern sun - that guitar synth?

How to make that sound...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all

I'm trying to get a similar sound to the main guitar riff used in fatkid's remix of paul oakenfold's southern sun:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHzKYuFLifE

I'd like to create something similar to the guitar loop used at the start and at the break in the middle of the song.

I've been playing round with vsts predator, albino, sylenth and blue, but am getting nowhere.

Does anyone know of any presets i could start from?

Also the sub base - i know that sound can be easily recreated using predator or sylenth, but how do i do it? What are the notes?

Thanks in advance

:)
"If it ain't broke, don't fix it"

Hi,
A friend of mine posted this thread to me & the synths i used are absynth for the base Fm7 for the lead and the guitar parts unfortunatly was a session guitarist ! if you need anymore info just e mail me.
I hope this has been of some use to you

Many Thanks

FATKID....... oh thanks Pete for letting me know ! :)

edit: removed
Last edited by fjolle on Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

fatkid wrote:Hi,
A friend of mine posted this thread to me & the synths i used are absynth for the base Fm7 for the lead and the guitar parts unfortunatly was a session guitarist ! if you need anymore info just e mail me.
I hope this has been of some use to you

Many Thanks

FATKID....... oh thanks Pete for letting me know ! :)

Haha is THE Fatkid responding to my question here?!

The Fatkid that did that 24 hour set for charity? (I remember judge jules talking about it on his Radio 1 show back in 2004)

:) :)

lol YEP THATS ME! I am attempting the record again in aug /sept this year for Cancer research it stands @ 116 hrs so far !!!! lol :help:

How cool is this site loads of vst stuff !

fatkid wrote:lol YEP THATS ME! I am attempting the record again in aug /sept this year for Cancer research it stands @ 116 hrs so far !!!! lol :help:

How cool is this site loads of vst stuff !

Haha well good luck with that!

I just sent you a PM

Return to “Sound Design”