A few thousand dollars later AAR/ and a request

Official support for: artsacoustic.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

After about a decade and a few thousand dollars later, I'm finally happy: AAR. I demoed reverb after reverb and bought: Waves Renaissance, then Altiverb 4, 5, 6, then CSR, then Breverb, then Powercore's Classicverb, then VSS3. I was just about to give up on hardware and buy a PCM91. Who would've thought a $189 reverb was all I needed.

For AAR: I'm hooking up my cart to your engine, so I was glad to hear that development is still going on. I have one request though. The GUI. I know it's the sound that matter, but is there any thought of redesigning the interface? I don't mean functionality. I'm talking purely about the aesthetics. I like my plugins emulating analog gear to have that classic look. When a LA2A, 1176, Pultec emu, etc. looks like the old hardware it feels warm to use. However, digital digital plugins, like reverb feel better if they look hi tech. The sepia color scheme brings me back to the 1800s when reverb was shouting in a canyon. I hope I'm not offending you. This is just a personal request from someone who is so happy with your product that he wants it all.

Sincerely,

Edward

You mean you almost give up on software Reverb and you almost buy hardware :)

Yes AAR is pretty much awesome. Though i have VSS3 here and it is totally different reverb. But AAR gives you that something...deep and sooo dense..

I like GUI. I just want better plate. Modulation is top notch, maybe better handling of ER in future release. More parameters. Something like VSS3..

AAR is worth every single $$...

Well I see it just the other way-
I don't like GUIs that resemble hardware.

For me, artsacoustic has the most beautiful GUI:
very functional and with a great choice of colours.
Very well worth looking at and in a way inspiring.
And I can just hope that they don't change that.

Greetings,
D.
"There's a certain detail seen here."

Hi guys,
Thanks for the nice words!
About the gui:
Based on what we know the gui has more lovers than haters, so we stick with it for the first. ;) However, we're really busy on new stuff right now, so even if we'd consider another gui for the reverb, it wouldn't be anytime soon anyway.
And edwardsean, if you like vintage, you'll like the new guis, thatmuch i can say. But really only thatmuch. ;)
Kind regards, Nick at ArtsAcoustic

The GUI is perfect. It's easy on the eyes and very inspiring. It's one of the best GUIs ever designed. - Orbit-50

.-.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

Orbit-50 wrote:The GUI is perfect. It's easy on the eyes and very inspiring. It's one of the best GUIs ever designed. - Orbit-50

.-.
The GUI is great... easy to use, clear, parameters well placed, sized, etc. Mousewheel changes parameters... hard to imagine a better GUI

nick at artsacoustic wrote:we're really busy on new stuff right now
Can I guess what it is???? :lol:
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

nick at artsacoustic wrote:However, we're really busy on new stuff right now
Like a Standalone version of the phaser thats in Nexus 2? Hope so! :hihi:
Arksun
Music Producer | Sound Designer
www.arksun-sound.com

Return to “Arts Acoustic”