LiveCut question

Official support for: smartelectronix.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi everyone!

I've been using Livecut in Ableton Live (it's a lively pair eh?) and i really love it to chop voices or single instruments on dj sets ! i would definitely use it live..

.. but i'm having problems triggering it..

this is my setup:

at the end of the fx chain, there is a LiveCut AU with its default preset. In my set, by default, the effect is bypassed.

i've mapped a button from my midi controller so i can activate it (remove the bypass) when i push the button, and bypass it again when i release it (note on / note off approach).

sometimes it works great, and i get great real-time chops.. other times it stays silent for a bar (or phrase, as it's called) and only starts playing after that bar. i'm assuming it's a buffer problem.. as it is bypassed, it can't fill the buffer, so it can't play anything.. it's really annoying :|

i tried mapping the controller to parms like "stutter" (1 for on and 0 for off) or "maxrep" (the same), but there's no way to activate them both with only one midi code.. and also, they are "quantized" - don't respond immediatly to the midi.

is there any way of solving this? maybe another parameter?

if not, can i ask for a new feature in the future? an internal bypass! (or dry/wet) so the buffer could be updated constantly..
or, if no data was available, it would bypass itself.

thanks for your time

(btw, the vst from the latest version crashes my ableton live (my hw is a macintel) but it's ok 'cause there's an AU :)))

I know it a bit late to reply to this, but here's an idea:
Stick yr Livecut on a return channel, set the return to pre-fade, activate the crossfader under the master track, set the return's crossfade button to B (orange), and set the crossfade button of any other channel you want to send through Livecut to A (green). Now everytime you put the crossfader in the extreme right position you send you beats/voices/weirdness into Livecut... Worls like honey for me...

Unfortunately you cannot use it in a DJ set, because the crossfader is used for a different function, but I am sure you can find a way around this... Use yr imagination...

Take care

hey! this has really been a long time, but i've already come up with a solution :)

i use a rack (live builtin) with 2 chains. one has clean signal, and the other is going through a livecut on at all times. then i use a knob for a dry wet effect (fading between the 2 chains on the output) and the button to 0 (completly dry) and 127 (completely wet). it works really well, because audio is always running through livecut!

I HAVE 1 SIMPLE QUESTION. LIVECUT IS STILL BETA, OR ITS A FULLY WORKING VERSION?

it's working and it's usable, but the dev says that he's working on a new and definitely improved version. You're asking "when"? Not too soon I guess, but he will tell us :-)

hey ;)

using livecut in live7 i have the same problem.
sometime i have nice fx sometime i have silence for one bar.
and if i move no button this "silence" repeats bars after bars.
sometime beat 4 is off...
i didn't understood your solution in first message ... buffer is there a buffer setting in livecut ? :P

is there a way .. a setting with live cut to have 100% hard random psycho fx with no silence ? if i need silence i can add a mute easy :x

sometime i simply have fx going then full silence until i search for new setting :help:
it happens more when subdiv is high... or not .. i dunno :cry:

i use it on a midi channel with instrument insert then livecut.

Return to “Smart Electronix”