A question on FreEQ Boy...

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ok, that may be my fault... I can't get the following working:
In the mastering process I usually search through the spectrum for "annoying" freqs. Then I apply a cut there. Using FreEQ Boy is really cool to do this, but...

- After I found the annoying freq and cut it I'd like to save/export the band and go on searching (e.g. with the probe feature - would be nice to have a "negative" probing btw). After I found all annoying bands I want to combine all cuts into one EQ curve. Otherwise I would have to use one instance of FreEQ boy for every frequency which would cost me alot of processing power and insert slots ;-)

- However when I import another previous found band it also overwrites the changes that I made right now. The newest import always overwrites the whole spectrum. I set the import mode to all settings but it always dows it. Why is that? can't I combine filters??

Like this:

First found band:
___ ____________
...| |...........
...|_|...........

Then exported that filter

Second found band:
________ ___
............| |..
............|_|..

Import first filter to combine bands:
___ _____ ___
...| |......| |..
...|_|.....|_|..

How to do this??

Thanx a lot...
Codex

Hi,

This is how FreEq Boy is set-up to work i.e. it always over-writes the whole filter.

What you can do is to export your individual filters to ASCII files and combine them in an ASCII editor (like Notepad) using copy and paste. Then, import the combined ASCII filter.

Thanks for the input. Some features for me to consider for the next update.

Ok, I see...

But then, what sense do those settings do (Rational, Spline...). I thought this is the mode how the existing and the imported filter are merged...?

However, this could be a nice feature for the next update...! Btw...I just bought FreqEQ a hour ago. I love the filter (and your pricing philosophy!!)

Thanx
Alphacodex

Alphacodex wrote:Ok, I see...

But then, what sense do those settings do (Rational, Spline...). I thought this is the mode how the existing and the imported filter are merged...?

However, this could be a nice feature for the next update...! Btw...I just bought FreqEQ a hour ago. I love the filter (and your pricing philosophy!!)

Thanx
Alphacodex
If you define a sparse filter then they fill in the gaps in various ways. For example, 'Direct' requires you to define the whole filter for each frequency bin while the others allow you to define just a few points in the filter and the import interpolates the rest (to varying degrees of accuracy).

I could add an additional option here that would allow to accumulate filters - how does that sound?

Thanx for the input

Paul

That would be great...

How about two options
- the first will overwrite everthing from the imported filter that differs from the flat response (that way the problem I mentioned above could be solved)
-> or make a export option that only data that differs from the flat response is exported (by now "export" always exports the whole curve, right?)

- and the second will calc the average between every point of the existing and the imported curved

Thanx a lot
Alphacodex

Return to “Elevayta”