How to change instrument on the fly

Official English support for: maizesoft.cn
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi everyone,
I downloaded and used Maize Studio a bit. Up to now I know only Maize Studio and VSTHost, and I am a newbie with this kind of software.

Anyway: is there a way to set up things in a way that I can change instruments (VSTi) while playing with my keyboard? I mean, using some midi command to change the VSTi being played, or the configuration of a VSTi, or keyboard split note, etc.?

In fact, you can use MIDI Matrix to copy your midi in messages to different destinations. And just by clicking on the matrix interface, you can mute any instrument.

Another way which may be better is to use different MIDI channel to play different instruments. This could be done with the MIDI Ch splitter.

caoxiang wrote:In fact, you can use MIDI Matrix to copy your midi in messages to different destinations. And just by clicking on the matrix interface, you can mute any instrument.

Another way which may be better is to use different MIDI channel to play different instruments. This could be done with the MIDI Ch splitter.
ok but I would like to do it using MIDI commands, not clicking with the mouse. Ok using different midi channels is a good idea, but how to mute one instrument or another using MIDI commands sent by my master keyboard?

Use different Ch for different instrument just need you to change the current ch on your keyboard.

design like this:

caoxiang wrote:Use different Ch for different instrument just need you to change the current ch on your keyboard.

design like this:
I cannot see the image... anyway, it seems that my (cheap) master keyboard cannot change channel, it sends all commands on channel 1.

Do you know if there is some VST MIDI controller that can be programmable to do this? I know MIDI-OX, but it seems to be too complex to be programmed for this reason.

OK, I think the only way is to use MIDI Matrix to duplicate MIDI messages. But you have to click on the UI to decide which instrument to use.

Return to “Maizesoft”