Snapjack magnetic guitar cable...Kewl!

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

does anyone know where to get the snapjack? i cant find it anywhere online

That sounded like a great idea for about 2 seconds, then I remembered my basses have active electronics. :D

Fun ensued on live gigs if you don't have wireless connections but use straight cables. :lol:
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Not sure how they can think it's a good idea that your connection to your amp/fx chain can be broken so easily by someone tripping over the cable...

I loop my cables through my guitar strap so they can't get pulled out by someone tripping over the cable... and if someone does they might go for a tumble, but my cable stays plugged in...

I just realized I live 30 minutes away from NAMM headquarters! 8)
"Is it me or does the Roctave stuff seem like a rip off of the Babya stuff?" - Liquidclear

They should have a locking mechanism option in where you can actually choose to lock the cable and the head combination.

I think the idea is cool mainly because you can interchnage cable plugs now on the fly!

RichLum wrote: I loop my cables through my guitar strap so they can't get pulled out by someone tripping over the cable... and if someone does they might go for a tumble, but my cable stays plugged in...
Oldest trick in the book. No magnets for me. I'd rather chance damaging a cable, jack, or someones face, than have dead silence in the middle of a performance.

A3ntar wrote: I think the idea is cool mainly because you can interchnage cable plugs now on the fly!
On a second thought, this would be really cool on a modular setup. Now I have to get my ass out and buy modular synth! :P

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”