freestyle patches?

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I posted this in the samples section with no reply. I thought I might have better luck here:

There a certain patches that I hear in a lot of freestyle songs. Can anyone tell me where I can find the presets for freestyle music. They must've used a lot of the same keyboards in the 80s. It sort of reminds me of the preset Lil Jon uses on all his stuff.

Some examples are:
Trinere - Don't stop the Rock
Trinere - They're playing our song
Expose - Point of no Return
Buffy - 2 Find U

I don't know how to upload these loops for ya'll to listen to them. So if anyone knows these presets/patches or have them in and formats compatible with exs24 and battery 2, please tell me. ALSO CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW TO UPLOAD THIS LOOPS TO PREVIEW? Thanks!

Later on, I'm going to ask my recording teacher at school to help me recreate these sounds within the exs and the minimoog we have at school because he's also good with synthesis. If any of you synthesis wizards know how to recreate them it in exs24, I would love to have it and play with it. Thanks!!!

don't know the tracks, but when you 'meet' some of the old gear, you'll find a lot of familiar friends..

unfortunately, generally only pro companies have gone to the trouble of translating patches to vsti - i think there's some free synths that import patches for some kind of yammie dx series..

if you're not familiar with fm synthesis as much as subtractive, have a fiddle with odo's 'purple' - kill the fx on each patch, play with the operators, you'll probably hear some stuff..
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

Return to “Production Techniques”