gig guide forum..

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?

good idea?

yes
60%
no
35%
angel.
5%

Total votes: 20

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Mind you, Ben being a PHP wizard, he could probably set up a page with search etc :P
I've joined Lurkers Anonymous.

DWb wrote:
manytone wrote:Why not a sticky thread in the music cafe section to start?

It could be called "Live Gigs by KVR members" or something like that... (your choice vurt) and I could make it a sticky to stay at the top of the cafe forum.

Would that be a reasonable start?

Paul
Personally, I'd probably never look in a thread like that - a fairly small percentage of the posts would be about gigs in Britain, let alone my corner of it. The advantage of having a whole subforum would be that you could scan down the list of titles fairly easily to see what was relevant to you, paging through a long thread would take rather longer...
Just thought it could be a reasonable start, to perhaps "gauge" the response.
Beyond that, you'll have to convince Ben that a new forum is warranted.

I do agree that a thread ain't an end all, but rather a start to what could become bigger. ;-)
I think Ben would need to see the importance first, before he committed a forum to it.

That said, point noted here.

manytone wrote:Why not a sticky thread in the music cafe section to start?

It could be called "Live Gigs by KVR members" or something like that... (your choice vurt) and I could make it a sticky to stay at the top of the cafe forum.

Would that be a reasonable start?

Paul
there's already 9 sticky threads at the top of the cafe forum. :shock:

...one of which is temporary, and another couple aren't really necessary IMO ("what are you working on right now" could just be a normal thread, for example).
I've joined Lurkers Anonymous.

Return to “Site Stuff”