Phaseplant

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Jac459 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:19 am
omnitron wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:11 am
yhvh wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:43 am also i’ll echo the sentiment of getting the ultimate package. if you demo the synth and find it’s for you, the tools you’ll get with the ultimate package are well worth the cost.
The tools in Ultimate are nice to have, but are they really well worth the cost? I'm not sure about that. If Snap Heap and Multipass would support VST plugins, I would agree but as it is now I think the Ultimate package is a bit overpriced.
How much is it today ?
Ok, seems to be generally 400 dollars...

Indeed not cheap.

If I compare to Avenger 2 slightly over 200 dolls, clearly I would go for Avenger 2.

Yet phaseplant as a bundle brings a lot of things on the table. For me at 300 a no brainer. But at 400, indeed it is a bit pricey.
I would hold it until there is a sale....

The Ultimate bundle drops to $270-299 during sales, depending on which vendor you choose (or going direct).

https://musicsoftwaredeals.com/manufacturer/kilohearts/

omnitron wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:11 am
yhvh wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:43 am also i’ll echo the sentiment of getting the ultimate package. if you demo the synth and find it’s for you, the tools you’ll get with the ultimate package are well worth the cost.
The tools in Ultimate are nice to have, but are they really well worth the cost? I'm not sure about that. If Snap Heap and Multipass would support VST plugins, I would agree but as it is now I think the Ultimate package is a bit overpriced.
i personally use multipass all the time, way more than i imagined i would before i got it, so that alone makes it worthwhile for me. i remember when i got the bundle it wasn’t terribly uncommon to catch a sale, i definitely did. that certainly helped the value, but having owned it for a little while, a lot of that stuff has become such a big part of my workflow i can’t imagine not having it. being able to create your own multiband (with unlimited bands as you could nest instances of multipass within multipass) effects with fairly detailed and complicated modulation and save them as a preset is such a convenience. i also really get mileage out of convolver and disperser, and more recently shaper. the eqs are pretty unique as well, great for modulation. plus phase plant is my most used synth by far, so it would feel incomplete missing a handful of the more unique effects they offer. maybe if you favor using presets i could see the value not being there for you, but i wouldn’t recommend phase plant at all in that case. i get that this is borderline saying “just trust me” but i had lots of doubts myself before pulling the trigger… however it’s been one of the rare plugin investments i made that i not only don’t regret but genuinely feel like i more than got my moneys worth

as far as arpeggiators and sequencers go, you can create them in phase plant customized to your own use. for a lot of this sort of thing i make myself template patches in PP or multipass depending on what exactly im setting up. 15 min of work to be able to recall them any time and i work into the patch im designing, and quite a bit more flexible than a typical sequencer. im sure this is obvious for many of you but for anyone that might not be familiar with the remap modulation, it makes it this sort of thing less difficult than you might imagine

and of course there’s the various arp lfos already made in the presets

Return to “Instruments”