Impulse too long?

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have tried to load a few impulses that are too big. Is there a size limitation or can I load any IR size if I adjust the latency?

Thanks
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

morelia wrote:I have tried to load a few impulses that are too big. Is there a size limitation or can I load any IR size if I adjust the latency?

Thanks
The instructions explain about this.

For the FREE version, the latency is fixed and the maximum IR length is 10 s.

For the commercial version, the maximum IR length depends on the Latency setting. On the highest latency the longest IR that can be accomodated is 20 s. If you stick to the maximum latency setting then you can load any IR (up to 20 s).

You can control the maximum IR duration per latency setting by editing the 'Convo_Boy.ini' file. How to do this is explained in the instructions. You can, for example, enable to load a 20 s IR for the lowest latency setting (not recommended), but whether or not you can use this depends on your CPU.

In a future update, I intend to make an auto switch to the next latency setting if the IR is too long.

space boy
In a future update, I intend to make an auto switch to the next latency setting if the IR is too long.
This would be most welcome.

I recently got Kontakt 2 and the excellent IR library that comes with it.

But the files are too long for Convo Boy.
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

kevvvvv wrote:I recently got Kontakt 2 and the excellent IR library that comes with it.

But the files are too long for Convo Boy.
How long should the IRs be - in seconds?
What frequency are they sampled at?
Do you use 'Match SR'?
Is this also the case on the highest latency setting?

Paul

How long should the IRs be - in seconds?
What frequency are they sampled at?
Do you use 'Match SR'?
Is this also the case on the highest latency setting?
I don't really understand the terms, paul.

I have NI quality wavs that sound great inside Kontakt 2. It would be good to use them in Convo Boy. Sorry I'm not more help.
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

kevvvvv,

Any chance you can mail me an (example) NI impulse response you are having problems with so that I can see the problem first hand?

I will delete the IR from my disc when I have finished.

Paul

Return to “Elevayta”