RELATED
PRODUCTS

Studio one artist is a really good deal

ableton intro is too cut down

i like bigwig essentials

reason hasn’t got one atm

cubase essentials is good now with that new orchestral libary

what cut down version is your fave
Last edited by dartfordyes on Thu May 02, 2024 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cubase Elements is pretty good. Would probably be enough for my needs, although the lack of proper routing is a bummer (can't record a VST instruments output, for example).

Well, at least they added sidechaining some versions ago. ;)

chk071 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 5:01 pm Cubase Elements is pretty good. Would probably be enough for my needs, although the lack of proper routing is a bummer (can't record a VST instruments output, for example).

record a vst instruments output why would you need that just curious? , cant you just record midi and bounce it ?

i

chk071 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 5:01 pm Cubase Elements is pretty good. Would probably be enough for my needs, although the lack of proper routing is a bummer (can't record a VST instruments output, for example).

I can vouch for Cubase Elements 13, been using it extensively lately, I've had Cubase 10/7/6.5 in the past so I understand the differences. I would say Elements 13 is far more powerful than earlier cut down versions like the old Cubase SE3 (in comparison to the full version of the time), which I also had years back, which is probably why they raised the price for the entry level version.
I'd be content with an upgrade to Cubase Artist.
Last edited by lotus2035 on Thu May 02, 2024 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

also comping is a feature i feel like i want but is easy enough to do on seperate tracks

dartfordyes wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 5:38 pm

record a vst instruments output why would you need that just curious? , cant you just record midi and bounce it ?

i
You can, but, that's always one or two more steps to do.

Anyway, it's no essential feature for me, but, I used it in the past.

chk071 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 5:49 pm
dartfordyes wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 5:38 pm

i

i nearly jumped out my skin yesterday when i realised in bitwig essentials you can just drag the audio out of the midi , i felt like i was performing an exorcism ( it was so quick probably not a new feature )

chk071 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 5:49 pm
dartfordyes wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 5:38 pm record a vst instruments output why would you need that just curious? , cant you just record midi and bounce it ?

i

Select all the events on the track, CMD+R (or whatever you Windows users key command is). Those 'one or two extra steps' take 2 seconds, and there's your new bounced audio version on a new track ready to go.

Does the 'lite' version of Cubase not render like the big daddy does?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”