instrument definitions for FB-7999, etc.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Does anyone have the instrument definitions for any of the Full Bucket synths? I am most interested in the FB-7999 at this time, but I would like to have others, as I use these nice and useful little plugs a decent bit and I like to automate them with envelopes and such. Thanx to anyone who can help me in this endeavor. Rock on, Dudes!

What do you mean by definitions? The synth architecture? The instruments they are based on? FB-7999 is based on the KORG DW-8000, a mid-80s digital synthesizer with sweet-sounding analog filters.

also curious…

i‘d rather speculate OP is asking about midi cc

at least i‘d interpret
"to automate them with envelopes and such“ accordingly…
Last edited by muki on Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FB-7999 feature list includes MIDI learn, so not a fixed set of MIDI CC assignments. OP might want to consult the manual where it points out that these can be stored in a .ini file (which would probably be human-readable.)
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Yeah, instrument definitions are the names of the programs and the CCs used for that particular device/synth. That is what I am looking for if there are some already made... I guess I could use the ones for Korg, which I probably already have most of them, but I also need to make sure I have the CCs, as the MIDI learn function works some of the time, but the reason I am asking if anyone has them is because of the ones that I cannot seem to get to 'learn'. To clarify further, I am using the DAW track envelopes to control parameters in the FB7999 synth, but would also like to use them to change the programs I am using while being able to see the exact name for that program. I could make them myself, but it is so time consuming that I believe it would disrupt the 'creativity' aspect of the song I am using it on. I guess I was being lazy for convenience sake. lol Thanx everyone for your input on this matter.

Ok, I just downloaded the Korg DW 8000 service manual that has the noted CCs, and though some of them are different than the FB7999, such as the Key Assign being on CC 74 instead of Korg's CC 33 etc., I can use it to speed up the process of me writing them manually. Thanx again for your inputs. KVR folks are the shizzle! Love you guys!

Return to “Instruments”