I bought too many soft synths

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Jac459 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:22 am Curious about your feedback on Novum... I think it is one of my "regret" purchase, mostly because it can only do pads (or at least with my skills).
Then what is the appeal of Myth ?
Cutting up samples in weird ways is 100% the draw of Novum. I need to dive in further, but it really mangles rhythmic things in good ways.

The fact that you are willing to dig into Falcon makes you very courageous... To me it is really a tool I fear. I tried a few times to really dig into it, but when I finish to google every action because it is not intuitive to me, it gets boring... That's a shame because I really love UVI soundware.
I owned MachFive3 before it, it's only the odd file structure that can put me off, the rest of it isn't so hard. You can use it with patches and all the crazy MIDI FX and still be happy, I just like using it as a sampler, sample mangler. I feel like the more you use it, the less awkward the routing seems. Right clicking solves a lot of problems IMO the tree structure brings on. I really think MackFive could be a desert island synth though, since pretty much everything is represented.

Jac459 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:52 am
Michael L wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:47 am Oh I forgot, you're a Townie.
Much nicer place (with one exception).
Are you also from Australia?
I have a much more important question than VST purchase and spectral synthesis.
I am trying to book 15 days holidays with my 3 kids) in South East Asia region for this August.
I am also considering Australia maybe Perth as nearer from me but I really would like to keep cost low.
Is it interesting? Do you advise this destination?
don't ask him how to do australia on the cheap :o
he'll have you hunting cats for food and sleeping in the bush!

machinesworking wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:30 am Cutting up samples in weird ways is 100% the draw of Novum. I need to dive in further, but it really mangles rhythmic things in good ways.
Yes but being a Reason user yourself, don't you think that Grain is just... unbeatable for that ? I am talking about the spectral/FFT grain settings where you can reaaaalllly play with your sample.
I bought Novum thinking it would be next level for that but no... The king is still grain for me.
I really think MackFive could be a desert island synth though, since pretty much everything is represented.
I totally respect that, but you already know my one island synth... And it doesn't support aftertouch :hihi:

vurt wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:46 am
I am trying to book 15 days holidays with my 3 kids) in South East Asia region for this August.
I am also considering Australia maybe Perth as nearer from me but I really would like to keep cost low.
Haha, maybe not THAT cheap...

That being said, after visiting Norway (the most expansive country in the universe) and paying 100 euros for a 4pax meal in macdo, I think I would have considered eating cats :-).

Jac459 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:29 am
gaggle of hermits wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:21 am
Jac459 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:54 am By the way, after widely overlooking Serum, I am working on my sins and I discovered this week, thanks to this beloved forum, that Serum can modulate MSEG points in its own modulations...
Surely, some people would say that it is of no use, but who cares? It is damn fun.
one way I like to use this is in rhythmic patches: just shifting a key point in the MSEG can change the rhythmic emphasis nicely.
Yes, seems a good point ... In particular with the natural talent of serum for bass....

We are spoiled with choices.....

And what will happen when zebra 3 will arrive?
Don't overlook the polyphonic Chaos modulators, the presets Hybridize> (don't forget to use a limiter :scared: ) and the "D&D bounce" of the preset into your DAW or directly into a sampler :phones:

You are French? :o You should come down to Milano and have a Risotto!
My wife is a master at that thing :love:
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

No such thing as Australia on the cheap, but if you decide to do the desert . . .

Feral cats taste like rabbit, only slightly more sour because they eat lizards. They are safe to eat, but chewy cuz they have zero fat so I prefer to grind the meat and stuff it into sausages with domesticated fat.

Sleeping out bush is a time to experience true silence and a brilliant Milky Way! We won't talk about the bushflies, ants, or massive termite mound metropolises.

Check out bush balladeer Ted Egan who accompanies himself by banging on his instrument of choice, a Foster's beer carton: true beat boxing!
F E E D
Y O U R
F L O W

liquidsound wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:59 pm
Jac459 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:54 am By the way, after widely overlooking Serum, I am working on my sins and I discovered this week, thanks to this beloved forum, that Serum can modulate MSEG points in its own modulations...
Surely, some people would say that it is of no use, but who cares? It is damn fun.
one way I like to use this is in rhythmic patches: just shifting a key point in the MSEG can change the rhythmic emphasis nicely.
Yes, seems a good point ... In particular with the natural talent of serum for bass....

Don't overlook the polyphonic Chaos modulators, the presets Hybridize> (don't forget to use a limiter :scared: ) and the "D&D bounce" of the preset into your DAW or directly into a sampler :phones:

Chaos modulators are 100% on my radar :love: .

I am French but living in Singapore...

My mother lives in Mention though, 2km from Italy. In March I went to Italy with her and we had splendid pasta...

I love risotto though (risotto should have is own topic in love). One of the many treasure of Italian gastronomy, I'll certainly remind you for my next visit 😁.

Michael L wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:19 pm
No such thing as Australia on the cheap, but if you decide to do the desert . . .

Feral cats taste like rabbit, only slightly more sour because they eat lizards. They are safe to eat, but chewy cuz they have zero fat so I prefer to grind the meat and stuff it into sausages with domesticated fat.

Sleeping out bush is a time to experience true silence and a brilliant Milky Way! We won't talk about the bushflies, ants, or massive termite mound metropolises.

Check out bush balladeer Ted Egan who accompanies himself by banging on his instrument of choice, a Foster's beer carton: true beat boxing!
Whaou... Somehow I am more interested by risotto hehe.

But I guess it must be an unbelievable experience.
Pests/animals in Australia are just next level. I don't know how you guys manage.

I remember visiting one museum in Sydney and discovering that every f**king animals in NSW are in fact designed to kill humans. Like this cute cute shell which is in fact only a spear with lethal venom...

Next Level. I grow up in a cold part of France where a 1 cm spider was considered big lol.

Jac459 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:58 pm
liquidsound wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:59 pm

Chaos modulators are 100% on my radar :love: .

I am French but living in Singapore...

My mother lives in Mention though, 2km from Italy. In March I went to Italy with her and we had splendid pasta...

I love risotto though (risotto should have is own topic in love). One of the many treasure of Italian gastronomy, I'll certainly remind you for my next visit 😁.
Singapore... :o
Well... I live in Manhattan, but I own an apartment in Milan, so the coordination is a quite difficult.

I'll keep you posted when I'm going to be there.
If eating is your thing... you'll be in heaven with an additional trip to Bologna.
Back to too many synths...

Jac459 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:58 pm Chaos modulators are 100% on my radar :love:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTWoB4sWITI

machinesworking wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:56 am I tend to like Slayer over Iron Maiden, NWA over Tricky, Ministry over Sisters Of Mercy etc.
Score: 0/3
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

liquidsound wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:13 am If eating is your thing... you'll be in heaven with an additional trip to Bologna.
with Modena and Reggio Emilia on the way, and always take the train to have a moveable feast with food and wine from the markets!
F E E D
Y O U R
F L O W

jamcat wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:36 am
machinesworking wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:56 am I tend to like Slayer over Iron Maiden, NWA over Tricky, Ministry over Sisters Of Mercy etc.
Bullshit dude. Love slayer and maiden but definitely pick slayer. Live though, no one beats maiden.
Ministry is a no brainer. SOM is for annoying dipshit goths who drink zima.
NWA and tricky I dont understand. Two different styles. But ok, I'll pick NWA simply for Straight Outta Compton.

Michael L wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:56 am
liquidsound wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:13 am If eating is your thing... you'll be in heaven with an additional trip to Bologna.
with Modena and Reggio Emilia on the way, and always take the train to have a moveable feast with food and wine from the markets!
Are those personal memories? If so, you definitely had some fabulous times :clap:
Before I left my country, I made sure I enjoyed as many Sagre as humanly possible :hihi:

For sure, we can have too many synths but never enough food festivals!

VOODOO U wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:03 am
jamcat wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:36 am
Bullshit dude. Love slayer and maiden but definitely pick slayer. Live though, no one beats maiden.
Ministry is a no brainer. SOM is for annoying dipshit goths who drink zima.
NWA and tricky I dont understand. Two different styles. But ok, I'll pick NWA simply for Straight Outta Compton.
Seen Maiden a couple of times. Seen Sisters a couple of times. Drank a couple of Zimas.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”