MSF: sample folder / sample selection from GUI

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I am building a drumsampler instrument in MSF. I'm using my own samples in the sampler module. I loaded all of them into a region and set the sample selection (in the advanced settings) to manual. then I control the sample selection dial via a multiparameter that is displayed in the GUI.

Downside of this method is: When I create new samples, that I want to incorporate into my drumsampler, I have to go back into the guts and edit the region. I was wondering, if it was possible to just select a folder and make all audio files in that folder available as samples to be selected.

I know it is somewhat possible with the drumsampler module. there you can select a folder and then step through all the samples. Problem here is: the buttons to step through the samples are not mapable to a multiparameter, hence can't be integrated into a GUI.

Maybe there is a solution I am not seeing? Hope sombody could give me a tipp.

cheers

Hi, what is the goal really? If you want to select samples from a folder, there's a problem - the engine needs to know the files in the folder. What may cause glitches when automating it, so not a good idea. Also what if you add more files from the folder? Any project from before that would use a parameter/automation for selection would stop working. That's why it is usually not available or at least highly NOT recommended.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Yes, I understand that. My use case is this:
I want to use MSF as a Drumsample player and over time continuously add my own drumsamples to the library. I don't want to go back to the edit mode of MSF to add new samples. Just select any new or old sample in the target folder from the GUI. And this does not need to be automated.

So I understand, this would be possible technically without the automation? But there's no way at the moment?

Return to “MeldaProduction”