korg ms-20

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

does some-body knows what is controlling eg1trig in? I mean korg ms-20

“Trigger in” starts both the envelope generators, “eg1 trig in” starts only the first envelope generator.
By default, when you press a key you trigger both envelope generators (trigger out is normalized to trigger in). But you may for example patch the button (the one on the left of the ms-20) to trigger just the first envelope generator, then raise the eg1 knob under the frequency modulation section and trigger a pitch modulation only when you press that button (otherwise it would play everytime you hit a note). Or you may use the lfo (I think) or a sequencer to retrigger the envelope generator 1 while holding a down a note (and then maybe you can patch it to the filter cutoff, so it’s controlled by env1 instead of env2, which now controls only the vca).

There are some good video series on YouTube about the MS-20, I’d recommend watching them (search for “Mark Doty MS-20”). Also check the pdf included with the MS-20 Drums by Wave Alchemy (I think they made some video as well).

By the way, since you’re asking about the trigger on the MS-20, please remember that it triggers when the voltage goes to 0 (most equipment expects a positive trigger instead), so if you plan to buy external gear, please nake sure it’s compatible or get the appropriate cables.
free multisamples (last upd: 22th May 2021).
-------------------------
I vote with my wallet.

I mean what parameter is controlling eg1trig in attack sustain release etc

KORG ms-20 controlling the frequency of both oscillators if we use eg1/ext knob my question is in patch panel its frequency addition of both oscillators?

11ivan11 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:43 pm I mean what parameter is controlling eg1trig in attack sustain release etc
Its an input socket, its controlled by whatever you plug in. Consult the MS-20 manual.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

11ivan11 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:51 pm KORG ms-20 controlling the frequency of both oscillators if we use eg1/ext knob my question is in patch panel its frequency addition of both oscillators?
Consult the signal flow diagram in the MS-20 manual.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”