"Plug in not found" - switch VST2 to VST3?

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I've just upgraded from Kontakt 6 to Kontakt 7, which is VST3 only. I'd been running the VST2. So, having uninstalled Kontakt 6, anywhere I was using it, I now get the "not found" prompt, as expected.

It specifically says "VST2" in the message. Does this mean I cannot switch from the VST2 Kontakt 6 to the VST3 Kontakt 7, just by selecting the .vst3 file?

From my experience, you have to locate the vst2 dll file. Maybe I'm wrong though?

pljones wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:05 pm Hi,

I've just upgraded from Kontakt 6 to Kontakt 7, which is VST3 only. I'd been running the VST2. So, having uninstalled Kontakt 6, anywhere I was using it, I now get the "not found" prompt, as expected.

It specifically says "VST2" in the message. Does this mean I cannot switch from the VST2 Kontakt 6 to the VST3 Kontakt 7, just by selecting the .vst3 file?
Indeed.
It will need special r&d to add a function that tries to convert a VST2 into a VST3.
Not a quick job and not expected within the M9.5 update anymore.

OK, so long as I know -- it might help:
a) not showing alternative file types when a specific file type is wanted (e.g. don't even show the .vst3 files when a VST2 .dll is wanted)
b) giving a specific "rejected" message if the user does manage to feed MuLab the wrong type of library

Currently, it just repeats itself, which isn't very clear.

Good idea :tu:

Return to “MUTOOLS”