Is Studiomux still working?

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The topic says it all.
Is Studiomux still working for you on latest iPadOS an macOS Catalina?
Or is it redundant due to latest updates in iOS?
The reason I’m asking is this:
https://www.synthtopia.com/content/2024 ... -your-daw/
Seems to be overly expensive 😉
PS; I still have it intalled on my iPad Pro and app (StudioMux) launches ok, haven’t tried to intergrate it in Logic yet…
Any thoughts, feedback appreciated…

I wish to be proven wrong but I have no hopes for Studiomux and I guess Apple Silicon support will never come. The software has to be considered abandonware and latest reviews from the AppStore (2023) confirm that.

I tried it again yesterday and installed the App on iOS 16.7.7 iPro 1st Gen and the Mux server on Intel Mac, Sonoma 14.3.1. I could get MIDI to work but not audio. Today it won't work at all. Maybe a mistake by me but I have no further inclination putting more time in it. Again if some one proves me wrong, you're welcome!

SideRack
Disclaimer: I am just writing a review for a magazine on SideRack and got a free license from NovoNotes.

SideRack on the other hand is a blast concering stability and ease to use! No Server to install, no complicated App (like Studiomux-app). Just install the App and the desktop plugins and it works great. Plus everything is handled DAW-side, even total recall! No need to separately manage your session on the iPad. You can have plugin-instances as much as the iPad can handle, with sample-accurate timing. And it even works over a USB-Hub (Studiomux has to be connected directly to the Mac/PC).
It's not perfect, yet. Some advanced features like multichannel support, or MIDI-CC-/Automation-exposure to the DAW are missing and no WIndows-version but still it is totally usable already.

IMHO it's absolute best thing you can get right now and it's also compatible with Apple Silicon. Sure $99 ($78 until end of April) may be hard to swallow but it's still cheaper than ANY other solution for bidirectional digital streaming between iPad and Desktop. Next cheapest solution is the iConnectAudo4c for some $400 (or if can find any other used iConnectAUDIO+ /MIDI+ hardware on ebay etc.)

I strongly suggest to try the demo!

:)

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”