UPDATED: Zynaptiq Morph3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

collider wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:16 am Zynaptiq MORPH 3 PRO: Transforming Drums Using the MODELER.

https://youtu.be/Bw8-HuVh2Pk?si=cWmlv2wW9HYmbxvy
That’s an excellent, short clip that shows M3 PRO’s ability to immediately and creatively spice up some drum loops.

I’ve used Morph 2 quite a bit in the past and since the upgrade seemed to be set at a fair price, I grabbed a copy.

I already prefer the new GUI and I’m looking forward to exploring the new features over the coming weeks. :love:

Only today did I fully grasp what the modeler actually does, pretty interesting stuff!

Using a simple drum machine beat to modulate/slice a field recording inside the Morph 3 modeler (via Style Transfer), then morphing the two signals with each other.

From the manual:
The loaded file is segmented into SLICES
• The SLICES are analysed using RMS level, peak level or spectral balance, depending on which mode is chosen, and a map of the slice audio vs its analysis is created.
• On playback, the input audio (coming from MAIN IN), is analysed using the same metrics.
• SLICES are played back; which one plays back at any given time is determined by the realtime input analysis. In simple terms. for RMS, this means that loud inputs cause loud SLICES to be played, and soft inputs will play soft SLICES.

The difference between the three modes is which of the three measurement metrics is used.RMS and peak will result in the MODELER’s output tracking input amplitude more accurately, while SPECTRAL produces results that track the overall spectral balance.
https://youtu.be/o7ch55XNXes

jules99 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:03 pm Can anyone load files into the modeler? I have tried both dragging and dropping and through the import dialogue, and WAV files don't work at all. AIF files turn into white noise.

I haven't been able to find a manual, but maybe someone has figured out what format these audio files need to be in?
Are you still running into this issue? We haven't had any reports of this type, so we would be VERY interested in finding out what's going on there so we can fix it!
Zynaptiq - Audio Software Based On Artificial Intelligence Technology, makers of PITCHMAP: Real-Time Polyphonic Pitch Correction And Mapping.

metaside wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:30 pm What's going on with the pricing? USD 169/EUR 179* versus USD 149/EUR 169*? Why does the upgrade show double the difference between USD and EUR prices even though the price is lower? Are the prices randomized?
No, they're not random, but as exchange rates fluctuate on a daily basis, a) there's always going to be some mismatch, and b) prices are "expected" too look good. A number like 163.50 is just not going to work – that would typically be rounded to either 159 or 169. It's actually really annoying and a lot of back and forth to figure that stuff out as it's a moving target.

But then, you can choose the currency in the shop...
metaside wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:30 pm Looks good but I'm not paying 180€ for an upgrade...
Then go for MORPH 3. It's still a HUGE leap from v2 – I'm sure once you actually look at what you're getting you'll agree.
We made a decision to put as much cool stuff in as we could to make the best possible product. More stuff obviously means more invest means more $. Then, we realized that the sheer amount of stuff was starting to make it too expensive for artists and hobbyists, as opposed to large film/game studios, sample manufacturers etc, who on average prefer function over price....so we split it into MORPH 3 and MORPH 3 PRO.
Zynaptiq - Audio Software Based On Artificial Intelligence Technology, makers of PITCHMAP: Real-Time Polyphonic Pitch Correction And Mapping.

tlkmx wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:29 pm its pretty buggy on macos and bitwig so far. Some algo doesnt work well..

but cool sounds nonethless.
Sadly still no real morphing ala kyma
What bugs are you running into, exactly?
And what does "some algos doesn't work well" mean? The results vary a lot with the source material used and the specific settings (whether you're on the left or on the right side of the X/Y, for example).

Regarding Kyma...this comes up a lot. There is no absolute definition of what morphing is, other than that it is some sort of complex interpolation between two sources. That simply means there is no "real" morphing.

You are correct in such that MORPH 3 does not support sum-of-sines pitch trajectory interpolation, nor the TAU synthesis - which are both great (I have two Kyma systems). But they also require – in most cases – a significant amount of manually mapping envelopes to eachother, which is not the concept we follow for MORPH.

jules99 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:38 pm Ahhh, that's what you were referring to! I thought there would be a 60+ manual, just like for Morph 2. But this one will do for now, thank you!
There will be on official release – quickstart guide only during Early Access.

jules99 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:44 pm In love with the new algorithms, but even 3.0.1 is pretty damn unstable. Crashes 12 almost every time I try to render something.
We discovered a bug that would cause a crash if a BYPASSED MORPH 3 PRO was in the session. Reason was weird – IIRC, Live was requesting data from the disabled plugin or something like that. Next patch solves this!

Hey all, wow, that was a lot to catch up on! @Sampleconstruct : killer videos as always :tu: :tu: :tu:

Most of this info has been posted, but let me summarize and elaborate all in one post for convenience:
1) It is an Early Access release. That means: we're not done with everything...but wanted to give people the opportunity to start using what we think is a really awesome piece of kit.

2) Most notably the things that aren't done yet are the documentation, resource use optimization, and all the items for upgrades. While the latter may seem trivial to some, it actually isn't – figuring out all the license from-to combinations, creating codes, emails, pricing, shop entries, license mechanics and a dozen other things. So the fact that we don't have upgrades yet for DESIGN Bundle users isn't ignorance, malice or an oversight...we simply didn't have those and had to roll with what we had. That said, I think that except for perhaps a handful of emails that I missed due to getting literally hundreds a day, every DESIGN/REMIX/ZAPIII user that contacted us has been set up with an interim solution.

3) Bundle users will not pay more for the MORPH 2 -> MORPH 3 PRO upgrade than Early Access users. We love you guys, you're not getting the short end of the stick. There MAY also be bigger bundle upgrades that you may prefer to opt for, where you get more stuff for more money.

4) When you upgrade from MORPH 2, your MORPH 2 license is "eaten" (surrendered), and a MORPH 3 PRO license is created. To keep using MORPH 2 for session recall etc, simply install v2.6, which unlocks when it sees the MORPH 3 PRO license (or a MORPH 2 license).

5) As of yesterday, the latest version is 3.0.3, which you should definitely update to – change log and downloads are at https://www.zynaptiq.com/morph/morph-3- ... downloads/

6) We have another dot update coming soon that has a significantly lower average CPU load. It turns out that going all vector required some knowledge we didn't yet have ;-)

Cheers!
Denis

hi Denis, I was the one that wrote to you re the bundle update. I followed all that you said above apart from

"3) Bundle users will not pay more for the MORPH 2 -> MORPH 3 PRO upgrade than Early Access users. We love you guys, you're not getting the short end of the stick. There MAY also be bigger bundle upgrades that you may prefer to opt for, where you get more stuff for more money."

Do you mean they may be for design bundle + more products or that there is a possibility that Wormhole or Adaptiverb are going to be updated/ upgraded and we should maybe wait?
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

zynaptiq wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:26 pm
tlkmx wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:29 pm its pretty buggy on macos and bitwig so far. Some algo doesnt work well..

And what does "some algos doesn't work well" mean? The results vary a lot with the source material used and the specific settings (whether you're on the left or on the right side of the X/Y, for example).

Regarding Kyma...this comes up a lot. There is no absolute definition of what morphing is, other than that it is some sort of complex interpolation between two sources. That simply means there is no "real" morphing.

You are correct in such that MORPH 3 does not support sum-of-sines pitch trajectory interpolation, nor the TAU synthesis - which are both great (I have two Kyma systems). But they also require – in most cases – a significant amount of manually mapping envelopes to eachother, which is not the concept we follow for MORPH.
Downloading the new version.
the bugs i have is that every time i switch algo its lagging and producing weird sounds for 2-3 seconds

Sampleconstruct wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:19 pm Descriptions of the M3 algos:
........ Stuff.....
Thanks, sampleconstruct!
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

zynaptiq wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:19 pm
metaside wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:30 pm What's going on with the pricing? USD 169/EUR 179* versus USD 149/EUR 169*? Why does the upgrade show double the difference between USD and EUR prices even though the price is lower? Are the prices randomized?
No, they're not random, but as exchange rates fluctuate on a daily basis, a) there's always going to be some mismatch, and b) prices are "expected" too look good. A number like 163.50 is just not going to work – that would typically be rounded to either 159 or 169. It's actually really annoying and a lot of back and forth to figure that stuff out as it's a moving target.

But then, you can choose the currency in the shop...
metaside wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:30 pm Looks good but I'm not paying 180€ for an upgrade...
Then go for MORPH 3. It's still a HUGE leap from v2 – I'm sure once you actually look at what you're getting you'll agree.
We made a decision to put as much cool stuff in as we could to make the best possible product. More stuff obviously means more invest means more $. Then, we realized that the sheer amount of stuff was starting to make it too expensive for artists and hobbyists, as opposed to large film/game studios, sample manufacturers etc, who on average prefer function over price....so we split it into MORPH 3 and MORPH 3 PRO.
Hey, thanks for the answer! I'm gonna keep checking out what people come up with in terms of comparisons and new sounds, but the price didn't make it an "instabuy" for me, which it probably would have been otherwise. I like to have options, so getting the basic version wouldn't be an easy choice ;)

Apart from that, I like Morph 2 and appreciate that you guys put lots of love into improving it...

What made me think about price randomization is that the lower price translated to a higher difference between EUR and USD as compared to the higher price. 169 -> 179 versus 149 -> 169. No matter what kind of rounding is used it just doesn't make sense to me. It's not a big deal and I seem to be the only one even noticing it - it's just kinda strange. But back to your new version, looking forward to seeing some more examples and reviews!
Some music with visuals and mixed tutorials related to game dev and sound design: https://www.youtube.com/@MetasideOfficial

zynaptiq wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:26 pm

Hi Denis

VPro 301

Strange bug when trying to load wav into the modeller, the only reliable way is to got to the edit screen for modeller (3 dots) and load wav file from there, if you do that then you cannot see any of the modeller presets if you want to use them, the folder looks blank ??? The way out is to open a factory preset that loads a modeller, this seems to reset the plugin back to first state.

Got another in Live 12 which crashed it every time after using Morph 3 on a track and then resampling the output, after resampling Live 12 crashed when doing anything with the re enable automation stuck on, removing Morph 3 fixed it

Mac 12.7.4 AU in Live12 and vst3 in Cubase 13, hope this helps

On a positive note plugin is awesome
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

woodsdenis wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:42 pm VPro 301

Strange bug when trying to load wav into the modeller, the only reliable way is to got to the edit screen for modeller (3 dots) and load wav file from there, if you do that then you cannot see any of the modeller presets if you want to use them, the folder looks blank ??? The way out is to open a factory preset that loads a modeller, this seems to reset the plugin back to first state.
That is a strange one, indeed. That would be vst 3 in Cubase 13?
woodsdenis wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:42 pm Got another in Live 12 which crashed it every time after using Morph 3 on a track and then resampling the output, after resampling Live 12 crashed when doing anything with the re enable automation stuck on, removing Morph 3 fixed it
For this, we have a fix in the next dot update – it seems that Live 12 makes some requests even on disabled plugins, which M3PRO ignored as it was thinking "well, I'm OFF, am I not?". The thing is that this seems to happen only when there is a DISALED instance of MORPH 3 PRO.
woodsdenis wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:42 pm Mac 12.7.4 AU in Live12 and vst3 in Cubase 13, hope this helps
Yes, thank you – what type of machine is it?

tlkmx wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:34 pm the bugs i have is that every time i switch algo its lagging and producing weird sounds for 2-3 seconds
That sounds like a CPU issue, actually, so likely that will go away with the next dot update as that eases that problem noticeably. That said, what DAW, sampling rate, buffer size and machine are you using?

Return to “Effects”