Bombarded with emails

The KVR Studio Manager Public Beta
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If I'd known that using this would mean I'd get absolutely bombarded with emails, I would never have installed it. Because I own the Melda Mcompletebundle, I get an email for every individual plugin. Same with the 70+ plugin alliance plugins and the hundreds of other plugins I own. For this reason, I won't be using this manager again and now want it off my system. Good idea, but the associated spam that comes with it, is too much of an annoyance to justify it's inclusion in my system.

*unsubbed, so I won't get notifications, and won't be replying.

You shouldn't get any email notifications for products in KSM created groups unless you actively changed the notification setting.

Can you let me know which group this is?

If you manually add a product to another group, such as favourites, or star/favourite a dev, you may get notifications for them depending on the settings for that group.

All MyKVR notifications can be managed from https://www.kvraudio.com/mykvr/?s=options (there's also a Manage option on each group's summary page).

Same here, got many emails with the "Product Added" subject, mostly Plugin Alliance and NI. Turned off the emails in my settings in the "Favourite/Watched Developers" section, but still got a few afterwards. This happend 3 hours ago, no emails since then.

I think KVR Studio Manager app and it's users triggered frequent updates on plugin versions. I get many emails too although I never installed it but I still use kvr to keep track of versions. Prior to KSM, developers didn't update every minor versions. My guess is that now since 1 user have even small version increment 1.00>1.01 it triggers all to update. I guess we'll have to live with it. I hope it will settle down after a month or two after old products settle or that it will return to developer changing product version (if I'm right about my theory that any user triggers product version update).

Return to “KVR Studio Manager”