Speedrum 2 beta

Official support for: apisoniclabs.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Speedrum 2

apisonic wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:25 am
audiojunkie wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:33 am TAL-Drum has the ability to group drum pads and treat the group as a single drum pad. However, TAL-Drum has only 4 layers. I was hoping, since your drum vst has 16 layers, I might be able to do the same thing, but with 16 layers. If I understand you correctly, it looks like it might work. Let me see if I understand what you are doing in your picture:

In your picture, you are assigning 4 groups of 4 layers and assigning each of those 4 layers a particular velocity range and telling it to round-robin play each hit. Then assumingly, you would be assigning another pad with 4 groups of 4 layers, and doing the same thing, except with different velocity ranges. Then, you would be doing the same thing with two additional pads, each with differing velocity ranges. You would then be assigning them all to the same midi channel. So, in effect, through using 4 pads, a single drum can effectively have 16 velocity ranges with 4 round-robins with each range.

If this works, this sounds exactly like what I am wanting! :)

Does this actually work in Speedrum for multiple pads, and can the velocity ranges be adjusted manually (with the ability to see the number values) for the ranges being set?
That's exactly it! And of course, velocity ranges can be set manually, even at once for a group of selected layers.
Beautiful!! I’m really looking forward to this!!! 🙂. Thank you for checking and confirming for ne! 🙂
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

swindus wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:28 am Congratulations! This is a great update!

One bug I noticed is when I grab the right handle of the envelope (yellow point) of a pad it jumps to the start of the envelope. When I grab it and move it to the right part of the waveform it disappears. I can init the envelope but it happens again. I'm using Speedrum on Linux with Reaper. Thanks.
I'm not sure I understand, can you make an animated gif so I can see what's going on? And can you tell me in more detail which linux distribution it is?

Thanks

apisonic wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:33 pm Thanks for the bug report! On which operating system?
Mac M1 with latest OS.

apisonic wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:38 am I'm not sure I understand, can you make an animated gif so I can see what's going on? And can you tell me in more detail which linux distribution it is?

Thanks
I have sent you a email with a animated gif.

Definitely going to demo, this looks awesome congrats!
Is there midi out from the sequencer?

simmo75 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:50 pm Definitely going to demo, this looks awesome congrats!
Is there midi out from the sequencer?
Yes

Hi,
With V2 is it possible to select a pad layer by MIDI CC (instead of volume)? this to e.g. enable/select hihat open/close stages within one pad.
David

(and actually, in the midi CC mapper, how do i change anything? in the manual it looks like it could be some drop-down 9pad, layer, bus, etc..), but it seems all stuck in the VST)

deedee123 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:18 pm Hi,
With V2 is it possible to select a pad layer by MIDI CC (instead of volume)? this to e.g. enable/select hihat open/close stages within one pad.
David

(and actually, in the midi CC mapper, how do i change anything? in the manual it looks like it could be some drop-down 9pad, layer, bus, etc..), but it seems all stuck in the VST)
The active layer cannot be MIDI CC mapped.

MIDI CC is assigned to the gui control by selecting MIDI Learn in the context menu of the control itself (right-click menu) and by sending CC from the midi controller or similar. You can delete them in the list.

All of the features, the usability..it's all there to be a new classic! I'm super enthusiastic about it..bought :) :clap: :hug: :love: :tu:

Bug Mac 12.7.3. Loaded Geist Kit "Punchy 1". tried to save as a speed kit preset with samples, preset saves but samples don't ?
Did save another kit with imported samples ok

Update, tried the same in original Speedrum and it works perfectly so an issue with 2
Last edited by woodsdenis on Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

deleted
Last edited by replicant X on Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Each DAW has a different sound.

apisonic wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 5:36 pm
deedee123 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:18 pm Hi,
David

The active layer cannot be MIDI CC mapped.

MIDI CC is assigned to the gui control by selecting MIDI Learn in the context menu of the control itself (right-click menu) and by sending CC from the midi controller or similar. You can delete them in the list.
Aha okay! As for the layers/cc, of course there are easy workarounds, and it's fine as it is, but it would be great if it could be considered to add. (especially for e.g. hihat pedal CC).

Good update! :tu:

Feedback / ideas / questions:

1) When the sequencer is used in MIDI OUT mode, the MONO and SOLO buttons on each lane do not seem to work. Is this a bug?

2) It might be a good idea to have the OPTION to save the sequencer pattern(s) together with the kit (i. e. as part of the kit).

3) Also, a SEQ and KIT LOCK function could be useful.

4) Is there a way to make the sequence lanes look taller (e. g. by zooming in) ?

5) Is/will it be possible to load several samples at once and have them automatically assigned across all the pads (for instance, use 16 pads, load 16 samples, and each single sample is assigned to one pad, just like in Battery).

6) Will the official release have a small "factory library"?

e-musician wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:39 pm 3) Also, a SEQ and KIT LOCK function could be useful.
Great idea. +1
"What embecile composed this list :/"

e-musician wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:39 pm 1) When the sequencer is used in MIDI OUT mode, the MONO and SOLO buttons on each lane do not seem to work. Is this a bug?
Currently, Mute and Solo are for audio output, but not for midi output... but now that you mentioned it, I'll see what can be done about it.
e-musician wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:39 pm 2) It might be a good idea to have the OPTION to save the sequencer pattern(s) together with the kit (i. e. as part of the kit).
The state of the sequencer, trigger map and midi cc map is always saved in the kit, but you can decide if you want to load them when loading the kit, for that you have three switches at the bottom of the browser... SEQ should probably be set to ON by default
browser1.jpg
e-musician wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:39 pm 4) Is there a way to make the sequence lanes look taller (e. g. by zooming in) ?
Not at the moment... although I have something related to that in the plan.
e-musician wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:39 pm 5) Is/will it be possible to load several samples at once and have them automatically assigned across all the pads (for instance, use 16 pads, load 16 samples, and each single sample is assigned to one pad, just like in Battery).
You can add a group of samples as layers to one pad or as a replacement of the first layer to several pads. You set which action will be the default in Preferences, and by holding the alt/option key, you switch that action on the fly.
pads1.gif
e-musician wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:39 pm 6) Will the official release have a small "factory library"?
Some kind of essential/starter package of kits is planned, it is currently being worked on.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Apisonic Labs”