Sending Keyboard Shortcuts via the Bitwig Controller API - Is that possible?

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi folks,
Is it possible to send keyboard shortcuts (i.e. keys from your computer keyboard like CMD+C) from the controller API to Bitwig? And if so, how does this work?

Background, I would like to build a controller that is similar to a Stream Deck. That is a little device that sits on the desktop and allows you to control different applications. I use a stream deck for other application (e.g. video-conference) and like it but also see disadvantages for the use with Bitwig. Instead of a stream deck I would like to use a tablet with TouchOSC on it. There I would like to add an array of buttons which would send Keyboard shortcuts directly into Bitwig. That would be lightweight, easy to extend and customize and also be integrated with my existing TouchOSC controller.

Thx and cheers
Martin

No, but that is also not necessary. If you use TouchOSC, you can directly send OSC commands to Bitwig. Via this way you can also execute Bitwig actions which cover most of Bitwigs functionality.
Tutorials can be found on my Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEH7k1kp5U8

... thanks Moss. Your OSC implementation is great. I am already using this. What I was missing the idea with the Actions. For instance, I believe the API does not have a "bounce" or "bounce in place" command. Looking at the Actions, I found both and quite a few other commands I was missing so far.
Cool, that makes my day... Thx
Martin

Return to “Controller Scripting”