Played mode SAME with splits

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I notice that if the Played mode (PerSplit settings column 11) is set to SAME for both splits, the same note in the opposite split does not light up. Seems like it would be nice if it did. So if you play a note on the left, besides getting red notes on the left, you would get magenta notes on the right too.

Is there any downside to this? Would it bug anyone if a new OS version acted this way? It would only happen if both sides are set to SAME, so it could be avoided easily.

Has anyone modified the OS to do this already?

TallKite wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:10 am Is there any downside to this?
Only the issue of keeping track of two independent colours, so that could be mitigated by keeping the played note the same colour for both splits, or getting acclimated to it.
TallKite wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:10 am Would it bug anyone if a new OS version acted this way?
No, as it provides more options to the user. Try to make it a toggle if you can for maximum flexibility.
TallKite wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:10 am Has anyone modified the OS to do this already?
No, at least as far as I am aware, although I have not deeply read and/or flashed any of the last 7-9 custom firmwares from the last few years.

TallKite wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:10 am I notice that if the Played mode (PerSplit settings column 11) is set to SAME for both splits, the same note in the opposite split does not light up. Seems like it would be nice if it did. So if you play a note on the left, besides getting red notes on the left, you would get magenta notes on the right too.
I've noticed this too and would be interested in having it added as a feature. I find that I like to use a splits one octave apart to provide more range while still encompassing the same notes.

You can do what you desire now by setting your DAW to receive the Main channel of the left split, then rerouting it to send back to LinnStrument on the Right Split's Main channel.

Return to “Roger Linn Design”