Automate playing next pattern/track in sequencer in settings?

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, I don't think this is possible but I wanted to check, is there a setting to automate advancing to the next pattern/track in a sequence? I see that I can do it with a footswitch, NRPN message or of course by pressing the button on the sequencer page. Thanks!

Hi wakyct,

I'm sorry to say there is no such feature. LinnStrument's step sequencer is merely a simple one, added as a bonus feature for LinnStrument's main function as an expressive performance instrument. We did the best we could with the step sequencer, in consideration that there are no dedicated function buttons or controls as normal step sequencers have. If you wish to have a more full-featured step sequencer, I'm afraid the only option is add your features to the open-source code. Sorry I don't have a better answer.

Not a problem at all Roger, thanks for the confirmation.

Are you talking about in effect merging two 32-note sequences into one 64-note sequence? Or even merging three or four sequences into one? Because I like that idea a lot. Sometimes I want to play over a longer chord progression.

Great, feel free to add the features to the open-source code as Roger mentioned.

TallKite wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:38 am Are you talking about in effect merging two 32-note sequences into one 64-note sequence? Or even merging three or four sequences into one? Because I like that idea a lot. Sometimes I want to play over a longer chord progression.
Yes that's right.

I haven't looked into it yet, but if you're interested you can experiment with sending NRPN messages to the Linnstrument to automate changing the pattern, the NRPN numbers are detailed here https://github.com/rogerlinndesign/linn ... r/midi.txt. Of course you'll have to manually manage sending the message on the correct clock pulse corresponding to pattern length, which is one reason it would be nice to have this integrated in the firmware. But I think I'm going to try the NRPN method first because it will require less hacking.

wakyct wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:20 am But I think I'm going to try the NRPN method first because it will require less hacking.
Sure, let us know if it works out for you.

Return to “Roger Linn Design”