Who make the best ASIO driver?

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I need a reliable driver.

Free and for most devices?
Never had a problem with https://asio4all.org/
I've read this one is good too https://github.com/dechamps/FlexASIO

Only other ones I've used are Focusrite 3.5/5 and RME 5/5.
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

RME interfaces have excellent ASIO drivers and they'll be supported for years to come.

Core Audio
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

RME. Is unmatched. Period.

stalbans wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:38 am I need a reliable driver.
RME = lower latency/higher efficiency and solid driver(the best).
https://gearspace.com/board/music-compu ... -base.html

Over the years, I have tried ASIO drivers extensively from NI, Steinberg, Asio4all, Roland, E-MU, Tascam, Motu and various RME. Under that I mean buffer sizes, as many as 32hardware IO over MADI etc. etc.

RME is the best in this arena. It is super stable, ASIO MULTICLIENT meaning you can have Cubase playing and then you can switch to say YouTube tutorial and the sound is coming from YouTube despite the fact that ASIO is occupied by DAW. (You can even fire up another asio assigned DAW while the current one is running and it will be ok) Rock solid performance. I usually joke by saying "When you install an RME device, if something is not working correctly then it is likely the computer,not the RME"

If you don't need high channel IO I suggest RME Babyface FS

Little known fact. If you consider RME ADI-2 DAC FS or ADI-2 Pro FS R Black Edition such as in case you just want a superb headphone amp and monitors connected to the interface - this is not advertised but they are using the same RME ASIO driver from MAdiface range. The point is - even ADI-2 has an awesome RME ASIO feature.

PreSonus ASIO drivers are also multiclient. IK AXE I/O drivers are not. This is my experience from owning both.

But I mostly work on Mac now and everything is multiclient and runs stable at 32 samples latency at 96kHz with Core Audio. Most of the time for recording guitar I just plug in an iRig HD.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

If you go the RME route, please be aware that you need to invest some time to learn their mixing software TotalMix (it's part of the driver package).
It is a quite powerful digital mixer, e.g. it provides channel loopback functionality. With loopback you can route the audio output of e.g. Skype or YouTube into your DAW.

Pictus wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:15 am
stalbans wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:38 am I need a reliable driver.
RME = lower latency/higher efficiency and solid driver(the best).
https://gearspace.com/board/music-compu ... -base.html
Do you realize that this Post is from 2011?

I use a Audient Interface and the driver is just fine for all my Live work.
|\/| _ o _ |\ |__ o
| |__> |(_ | \(_/_|

Raketenbauer wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:23 am If you go the RME route, please be aware that you need to invest some time to learn their mixing software TotalMix (it's part of the driver package).
It is a quite powerful digital mixer, e.g. it provides channel loopback functionality. With loopback you can route the audio output of e.g. Skype or YouTube into your DAW.
Plus cherry on the top - awesome RME Digicheck software for free. Loudness meters and analyzers.

t3toooo wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:29 am Do you realize that this Post is from 2011?
Do you realise that the thread was still ongoing as of today?
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Did anyone realize that my hair has grown longer since this thread started?

RME over here, too. Having multiclient ASIO drivers this stable and efficient, always going with RME interfaces in my main workstations, has pretty much eradicated all the main low points associated with doing pro audio on the Windows platform, for me. Well over a decade of "just works" functionality over here, haven't needed to troubleshoot any audio functionality or wonder about dropouts or driver settings or anything like that in something like twelve years already (the time since going 100% RME :P).

(A nice bonus is, I have them working this well in Linux, too, and the whole production environment just works on that side as well, also when live booting.)

Tossing a Lincoln on the OP pulling a vanishing act. He ain't gonna drop another line in this thread. But yes, RME all day long

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”