Atoms - Baby Audio - Physical Modeling Synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Atoms

Following up on my post above - I emailed customer service about Atoms just.. working for me, without being in trial mode, no piracy involved, no 5 seconds of silence occurring, and they said it just happens sometimes, sometimes some people are able to use some plugins.

They said it's not something they can track, not a huge deal, and is so rare that they're not able to look into it as they need to allocate their resources to more widespread issues/products.

Makes sense. So now I just have Atoms for free without piracy involved. It just works.
If it just works there's no point in me buying a licence, I would have to uninstall and reinstall just to even test if it would ask me to choose between licence/trial mode.

So that's cool as heck, wonder how it happened though.

harddaysnight wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:32 pm Following up on my post above - I emailed customer service about Atoms just.. working for me, without being in trial mode, no piracy involved, no 5 seconds of silence occurring, and they said it just happens sometimes, sometimes some people are able to use some plugins.

They said it's not something they can track, not a huge deal, and is so rare that they're not able to look into it as they need to allocate their resources to more widespread issues/products.

Makes sense. So now I just have Atoms for free without piracy involved. It just works.
If it just works there's no point in me buying a licence, I would have to uninstall and reinstall just to even test if it would ask me to choose between licence/trial mode.

Of course, if you like the plugin, you could buy it and just save all the license info while running your current install. You could install the properly licensed version if/when you get a new computer or when convenient.

I had something similar happen way back in the dark ages with a massive Waves product; I had paid for about half the plugins, but the ones I hadn't bought installed and worked fine as well. The Waves support person said something similar to what Baby Audio's rep told you. The way I handled it (because there wasn't an easy deinstall on this without possibly messing with my legitimate purchase,) was to just avoid using those products for which I hadn't paid. It just seemed like the best ethical choice.
Last edited by dlandis on Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Madness, as you know, is like gravity: all it takes is a little push.”

dlandis wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:07 am
harddaysnight wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:32 pm Following up on my post above - I emailed customer service about Atoms just.. working for me, without being in trial mode, no piracy involved, no 5 seconds of silence occurring, and they said it just happens sometimes, sometimes some people are able to use some plugins.

Of course, if you like the plugin, you could buy it and just save all the license info while running your current install. You could install the properly licensed version if/when you get a new computer or when convenient.

I had something similar happen way back in the dark ages with a massive Waves product; I had paid for about half the plugins, but the one's I hadn't bought installed and worked fine as well. The Waves support person said something similar to what Baby Audio's rep told you. The way I handled it (because there wasn't an easy deinstall on this without possibly messing with my legitimate purchase,) was to just avoid using those products for which I hadn't paid. It just seemed like the best ethical choice.
I plan on picking up the bundle when it's on sale, maybe Black Friday - there's a few Baby Audio products that I really like a whole lot, Atoms is one of them. Doing that will net me a licence for it anyway, so if it does ever ask for a licence, I'll have it.

I use a MacBook as well as my PC so if I want it on MacBook, then I'll need to pick up a licence as well, assuming the same random mistake doesn't occur on that.

Return to “Instruments”