ASDR Not Working?

Official English support for: maizesoft.cn
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have a knob for each, and only Decay has any noticeable effect on the sample. Do I need to max out the values under sample settings (Im assuming the knob changes these values), or is it just a subtle change that I'm not noticing?
TIA

ArgonautDrums wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:40 am I have a knob for each, and only Decay has any noticeable effect on the sample. Do I need to max out the values under sample settings (Im assuming the knob changes these values), or is it just a subtle change that I'm not noticing?
TIA
Yes in sample settings you set the range you want the knob to respond to.

Plugworx wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:27 am
ArgonautDrums wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:40 am I have a knob for each, and only Decay has any noticeable effect on the sample. Do I need to max out the values under sample settings (Im assuming the knob changes these values), or is it just a subtle change that I'm not noticing?
TIA
Thanks for the response; so if attack is set to 0 in the group properties, but maxed out in the sample properties, is that the range?

ArgonautDrums wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 7:01 am
Plugworx wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:27 am
TIA
Thanks for the response; so if attack is set to 0 in the group properties, but maxed out in the sample properties, is that the range?
The range is set in sample settings. I usually max every slider in sample settings (ADSR).
The group settings are what the knobs will be set at when the instrument is loaded.

Got it, thanks so much for the clarification!

Should I configure ADSR settings in sample properties, not group properties?
This is where I have a problem, I want to configure ADSR in the GUI and it does not perform any function.

hector rivera 93 wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 3:51 am Should I configure ADSR settings in sample properties, not group properties?
This is where I have a problem, I want to configure ADSR in the GUI and it does not perform any function.
Yeah you have to do both. The group properties sets the default value when the instrument loads. The sample properties act kinda like a multiplier to the group properties. If you max out the sample ADSR values, you'll have the full range available to you to adjust.

ArgonautDrums wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:17 am The sample properties act kinda like a multiplier to the group properties.
Small point, but it's the other way around. The Sample ADSR settings are the millisecond settings and the group ADSR is the multiplier of those settings.

If you set a Sample attack of 100ms, then a group attack of 0 would give 0ms attack. A group attack of 1.0 would give an attack of 100ms. A group attack of 2.0 would give an attack of 200ms.

Return to “Maizesoft”