SideTrack VST/AU/Audio Morpher Group Buy + Possible 14 Free Products

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

thinds wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:07 am Hmm, for some reason I’m only getting audio out of L channel in Audio Morpher. Definitely not a system fault as I get stereo out in other applications.

Also, any chance of getting an ASIO option In settings?
That’s odd! Can you post it to the support thread in my signature so we’re not limited to to 48 hour rule?

If you can post a screen shot of the audio options & what soundcard, OS etc that might be handy. This is just the JUCE standard output options in the Standalone App wrapper, I don’t really have any control over that as far as I know (but I’ve never looked into it). I set the project up as a standalone VST because that way it’s threaded nicely out of the box, but if it comes to it I could make it a desktop App like Kit Creator & implement my own threads. So far I prefer this option as it offers more potential future options.

Hi Andy,

Any progress?
Have been planning to install and test the multi-touch but time is not on my side. :(

Kalamata Kid wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:00 pm Hi Andy,

Any progress?
Have been planning to install and test the multi-touch but time is not on my side. :(
Yes lots! I’ve been working on Audio Morpher intensively, it’s become a true powerhouse for reinventing samples! Here’s a screen shot of all of the different modes it now has:

Whilst it’s geared towards the various modes that SideTrack uses, it can generate tons of interesting samples from the samples you give it that can be useful anywhere. I’ve just started working on the internal Profiles editor for Morph Mode (which is now just a very small part of the program!) so I don’t want to spend too much time explaining it all right now, but I’ll add the changelog below which isn’t the most informative but gives an brief idea of what the modes do. There is also a manual mode now as well which you can just load consecutive WAVs to build a sample chain/kit and export as CUE and Octatrack .ot if you happen to have an octatrack.

Another feature I’m excited about is something that’s been on my list of things to do for a long while. Simply the ability to audition samples in a folder and quickly sort them to sub folders in real-time. The options are using number keys 1-9 which will move them to a corresponding named folder or using ‘D’ to send to the trash/recycle bin. Along with the playback speed shortcuts ([ & ]) which double/half the speed each time they are pressed, it’s about as fast as it can get to going through samples of folders which I’ve done a lot of in my life :)

I like the single cycle modes, especially the RM one, for anyone who has used an Octatrack, they will no doubt have used a sample chain of single cycle waveforms, and when playing back modulating the index parameter, which SideTrack supports with’CHAIN IDX’ Mode.

Sidetrack really needs a chromatic mode too for the sample Chain/CUE WAVs which uses the embedded cue markers instead of the manual generated slices in normal Chromatic Slice mode. That’s a high priority once I get back to SideTrack.

I’m also planning to add a load last generated WAV option within SideTrack for fast loading the last generated/Saved WAV.

I was going to release an update at the weekend but decided that I’d rather just get most of the remaining work out of the way so I can get back to Sidetrack. The Profiles is the last big job I think.

I hope everyone likes Audio Morpher once it’s released, it’s gone very far beyond my initial expectations and is a lot of fun to mess around with. I’m hoping to get a release out either tomorrow or Thursday.
  • New Modes Menu - along with some new Modes.
  • Chain Modes - Chain Mode takes a percentage of material from the centre of each input WAV. It then applies a Fade in/Out to the sound with adjustable Mid Point. These are then mixed together in a chain with each starting in the centre of the last added. There are Fixed & Variable size modes.
  • Cycles Modes - This pulls out random cycles of a specific size, ie; 1024 samples, smooths the edges and then repeats them to make solid tones. These are the mixed together in the same way as Chain Mode. There are Fixed & Variable size modes.
  • RM Mode - Same as Cycle mode except the WAVs are used to modulate the volume of the underlying waveform. There are Fixed & Variable size modes.
  • Sample Kit Mode - This mode makes a sample chain by layering up to 4 samples for each slice and applying volume parameters.
  • Cycle Chain Mode - Designed to create a sample chain of single cycle waveforms pulled out of a random selection of WAVs. This ends up with a CUE Meta sliced WAV and/or Octatrack .ot file. In usage in SideTrack or an Octatrack these single cycles become oscillators switched/Modulated by the Index.
  • RM Chain Mode - Similar to Cycle Chain Mode but uses a single WAV for all slices and then uses random cycles to multiply the amplitude to create Ring Modulation single cycles.
  • Added Resample Only Mode to the Morph Profiles. This can be used to just use the input/output options for a loaded file, Save will save it to the export folder in the same way as any other generated file.
  • Manual Chain Mode - This allows manually building a basic Sample Chain by loading/dropping WAVs. Handy for making Drum Kits for loading in Sidetrack or for an Octatrack.
  • File Organiser functions added for quickly auditioning sorting files in the browser with the following shortcuts:
  • ‘D’ - Delete File to Trash/Recycle Bin.
  • Numbers 1-9 - Moves currently selected file to a named Sub Folder based on the number pressed. A file must first be selected for this to work. If the folder doesn’t exist it will be created.
  • UP/DOWN Arrows - navigate up & down the file list.
  • Input files are now resampled using the input Samplerate settings and then resampled to the output size before they are Morphed.
  • Added RANDOM MODES for the Input Samplerate & Bit Depth which is calculated on a per file basis which should lead to some interesting results.
  • Slice Markers Export Option in exported files with optional Octatrack Sample Chain export.
  • Added 500hz & 100hz to the Samplerate options.
  • Added RANDOM OPTION to the Morph Profiles, a random Mode out of all loaded will be used each time.
  • Added a Limiter to the output.
  • Added Support for loading “.aif/.aiff” Files.
  • Shortcut to the SideTrack factory Folder if it’s installed.
  • File browser now auto refreshed when batch processing,
  • Files are now auto scanned when needed so the button has been removed, however the shortcut key (‘R’) will still work if ever necessary to scan manually.
  • Fixed: Key Focus should now always be global so Key shortcuts always work.
  • Fixed: Now possible to delete top Pool Item.
  • Fixed: Export Folder Shortcut is now fixed and can#t be removed.
  • Fixed: Filename Text box for Theme now keeps focus.

Wow!
I can see you have done a lot of work on Audio Morpher!
I will wait for the official release than try it.
And
Really looking forward to the release.

Slow sales?
It may be that here at KVR we are over-saturated with plugins.
I know I am but when I want fast and easy way to get musical results I bypass all and go directly to HomeGrown Kontakt instruments. Ok even if I do not really like Kontakt.

Andy,

Having an issue visiting https://hgsounds.com/
"Error establishing a database connection"
The download works fine.

Kalamata Kid wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:18 am Andy,

Having an issue visiting https://hgsounds.com/
"Error establishing a database connection"
The download works fine.
Oh blimey, the DB server wasn’t running for some reason, I’ve sorted out now, thanks for letting me know! Hopefully it hasn’t been like that for long.

If you could reply to this I’d be grateful so I can reply when I release Audio Morpher hopefully today. Otherwise I won’t be able to post for 48 hours.

I did implement a slider based approach and stuck to the previous single file xml per preset, but in the end yesterday decided to scrap it, bite the bullet & build an editable envelope control, it’s just about there now. The profiles are now stored in a single xml file and all editing can be done via the application. The profile supports 8 stages/envelope shapes and now the amount is selected in the Morph Panel (that’s my next job).

Reply here?
Not sure of your request.

What you are doing with Audio Morpher looks interesting.
Hope to play with it soon.

Kalamata Kid wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:26 am Reply here?
Not sure of your request.
Thanks! In the market place the owner of the thread can only post every 48 hours unless responding to somebody, and so it leaves me in a tricky position especially when I know I have some news coming up. The thread is very very quiet.

Audio Morpher v0.9 is now released. It also has its own product page. It’s available for people to buy who don’t want to take part in the group buy, and if they later decide they do want to, a discount will be applied so it just costs the same as if they’d just joined in the first place :) Obviously all group buy members already own it and so it’s available on the downloads page. Hopefully releasing it this way will draw some more people into the Group buy as Audio Morpher is designed to be the perfect companion to SideTrack, it’s the kitchen!

I’ve noticed tonight whilst making the video that for some reason the number shortcuts that move samples to sub folders aren’t working, so that will be fixed in the next release.

I won’t post all of the details here as the web page is very thorough and I’ve also made a video guide to what it does and the various modes etc…

https://youtu.be/lMSE_lMkTZ0

Decided to jump in. :)
The product token change made a big difference.
Also Audio Morpher is shaping up to be a lot more useful than I expected.

I've yet to use it, but one potential use that that came to mind is using with impulse responses. Either for hybrid reverb spaces or weird sound design stuff. I know there are convolution plugins that let you mix between multiple IRs, but creating a single custom IR would be compatible with everything.

A few tweaks that could help with this (and possibly other) use cases is a setting that stretches to the longest (or a specific file) with time-stretch/resample modes instead of only chopping to the shortest.

On the flip side of time-stretching is pitch-shifting and for best overall results when morphing various tonal sounds I think the most important thing is harmonic compatibility.
The ability to shift sounds to be in the same key might make a big difference.
Sample randomization could have a "smart"/tonal mode by using the filename ("cool_sample_Gb.wav", "cool_sample2_eb.wav"), meta-data (i.e. Initial Key, or rudimentary root-pitch detection to select samples in (or force them into) a specific scale.

A couple ideas for 1.x anyway. ;)

Welcome!

Yeah, I have thought about time stretching and creating to specific tempos etc… but I think right now it would be too much work/experimentation time during the group buy, I have a heavy workload ahead even just with SideTrack. I’m more interested in the degradation aspects of time stretching really rather than high quality realism (which tends to be costly to license). Kalamata Kid found that Paul’s algorithm can be used in commercial products and so that’s on my list of things to explore.

Compared to past group buys, I’ve structured this so that all the developed products are distinct/individual rather than permanently just part of the group buy. After the group buy ends it means they can continue their own trajectory. I have lots of ideas for Audio Morpher but as ever funding development time is the stumbling block. I’d love to be in a situation where a product sells enough that I can continuously work on it, but it doesn’t seem likely. I worked on Kit Creator for over a year & basically sold 90% of my music hardware/records to fund it, I’ve sold less than 50, it’s only my passion for HGS that’s somehow kept it going since 2001! I only realized the other day it’s been 23 years, which is quite shocking. I’m really hoping some word of mouth will help get this Gb going, I always see people complaining there aren’t any new kinds of synths etc… and SideTrack/Audio Morpher definitely step into some uncharted territory. Fingers crossed.

I’m curious to get some feedback on how people use Audio Morpher, and also software that supports Cue Markers, outside of Sound Forge & Wavelab I’m not sure of any, especially with instruments. In my Octatrack days I really loved Sample Chains & the way it used them, and I don’t think beyond SideTrack there are any other desktop VST/AU instruments that do that kind of thing, If there are, I’d love to know. I know Drambo kind of does on iOS, though last I tried it didn’t have Octatrack ‘.ot’ import.

I haven’t done much testing with small files yet, and I probably need some more bounds checking to make sure there is actual buffer material, so I’d suggest sticking with larger files for now.

I don’t know too much about impulse responses, I know I did make a few for Kontakt many years ago but can’t really remember the process, are they WAV files?

Andy,
Went to MArketPlace but did not find any thread.
https://www.kvraudio.com/marketplace/qu ... best-match
Post the link to the place I can ask a question to help with your 48 hour limitation.

Kalamata Kid wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:52 pm Andy,
Went to MArket palce but did not find any thread.
Post the link to the place I can ask a question to help with your 48 hour limitation.
Sorry I meant this thread, it’s now called Sell & Buy these days since KVR opened the shop side of the site, I guess my brain hasn’t updated. Sorry for the confusion! This place is the correct place on KVR for Group Buy Threads but it has that limitation imposed. Basically my hope is that this thread gets busier like in the past group buys, it’s really the main avenue of visibility for the GB.

Ok,
Got it!

Where is Audio morpher installing on Windows?
It's not in C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3 anywhere, and I can't find it ;)
John Braner
http://johnbraner.bandcamp.com
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
and all the major streaming/download sites.

jbraner wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:43 pm Where is Audio morpher installing on Windows?
It's not in C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3 anywhere, and I can't find it ;)
It’s an application not a plug-in so it’s in c:/program files/Audio Morpher/ (from memory), I think it should put an icon on the desktop, but that might be optional :)

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”