Speedrum Lite changes piano roll key name to drum sample name but the full version doesn't?

Official support for: apisoniclabs.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I use REAPER and the lite version of Speedrum has this neat feature which basically automatically renames the pianoroll keys to the names of the samples loaded on each pad and after buying the full version, I've noticed it doesn't do the same... Is that a bug or is there a way to turn this feature back on?

It should work, the same system is used in both versions... It only works on VST and VST3, AU doesn't support it... Reaper reads note names only when the piano roll comes into focus.
Which operating system?

apisonic wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 4:10 pm It should work, the same system is used in both versions... It only works on VST and VST3, AU doesn't support it... Reaper reads note names only when the piano roll comes into focus.
Which operating system?
I'm on Windows 10. Using REAPER version 7.001. I load a VSTi 3 instance of Speedrum, add a sample to one of the pads (through the built-in folder browser), open piano roll and the note name doesn't change. When I repeat those steps with the lite version it works perfectly fine...

Here, Win10, Reaper 7.05 all default, Speedrum 1.53 all default
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

The only thing that comes to my mind is that the pads are not on the appropriate notes, you can check that under the Setup tab

Long shot in the dark.... by any chance, is there a difference in MIDI channel number between the tracks in which the Lite and Full versions are used? A while ago I found that another drum plugin only worked with note names on channel 1.

- Mario

apisonic wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 9:33 am Here, Win10, Reaper 7.05 all default, Speedrum 1.53 all default

Here's how it looks on my side. Using Speedrum 1.53 as well. The video may not show it, but the pads are set to their default settings, starting at C2.

It works for me as well in REAPER 7.07... but... if I check the option in the screenshot (the last one in the inner menu) it stops working - note names are no longer updated when I drag samples into pads.

MidiNoteNamesSettings.png

Hope it helps,
Mario
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mabian wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 1:26 pm It works for me as well in REAPER 7.07... but... if I check the option in the screenshot (the last one in the inner menu) it stops working - note names are no longer updated when I drag samples into pads.

Hope it helps,
Mario
I have this option checked by default, but unchecking it doesn't change anything, the note names don't change despite the option being checked/unchecked.

filvox wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:00 pm
mabian wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 1:26 pm It works for me as well in REAPER 7.07... but... if I check the option in the screenshot (the last one in the inner menu) it stops working - note names are no longer updated when I drag samples into pads.

Hope it helps,
Mario
I have this option checked by default, but unchecking it doesn't change anything, the note names don't change despite the option being checked/unchecked.
Try adding samples to pads after disabling it...

- Mario

mabian wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:09 pm
filvox wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:00 pm

Hope it helps,
Mario
Try adding samples to pads after disabling it...

- Mario
Forgot to mention - tried that as well, both with the option checked and unchecked, added in the samples, nothing changes.

Very strange... I can't reproduce it... can you try with Reaper defaults (maybe portable version)?

apisonic wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:14 pm Very strange... I can't reproduce it... can you try with Reaper defaults (maybe portable version)?
Still nothing... I've tried reinstalling the plugin and it's still the same, the note names won't change on the full version, but on the lite version they work perfectly fine...

Return to “Apisonic Labs”