PnS - Global settings

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Plug'n Script

Hello,

I notice that an exported plugin's global settings are saved in the user's "AppData\Roaming" folder (Windows). Is it possible to save these settings within the plugin itself so that they're the same across multiple systems/platforms? I know that you can do it per preset by including them inside the plugin's data folder, but I'm wondering whether the same applies to global settings (e.g. including the "global.pref" file inside the plugin's data folder?).

(Edit: I notice that, as long as the "Default.preset" contains the desired parameter settings (e.g. custom response curves etc.) then any presets built off of it will also use those settings – perhaps this is the best solution?)

Thanks!

These settings are indeed saved there so that they can be changed by the end user. If you want to deliver a custom global preference file, you can simply copy it to this folder upon install.

The issue when saving these control settings with presets is that you have to edit them all when you want to make a change, whereas the global settings are shared globally, as long as they are not overridden in the presets.

OK, that makes sense. Thanks! :tu:

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”