What is the best Reverb plugin?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It seems that Reverb is important.
What should I use?
And how?
Why?

Valhalla
On what sounds good.
Put it in your effects track
Space, man. Space.

That sounds reasonable.

Someone is in the Black Week mood. :D

You need to try it by yourself, let your ear judge which one is the best.
You can also try this out
Neo Reverb is a revolutionary Hybrid Convolution and Algorithm Reverb which combines both advantages of Convolution Reverb and Algorithm Reverb.
https://neovst.com/product/neo-reverb/

chk071 wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 9:46 pm Someone is in the Black Week mood. :D
It’s tempting to start a “What is a reverb?” thread. I’m sure it’s only a matter of time before someone does.

martinjuenke wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 7:54 pm It seems that Reverb is important.
What should I use?
The best one.
And how?
The best way.
Why?
Because.....

My favourite algorithmic reverb is Raum by Native Instruments. Incredibly versatile for creating realistic spaces as well as for more wild sound design weirdness. For realism and low CPU, I use Waves IR-1. It's a nice convolution reverb and they have a 5gb collection of impulses to wade through. Boring as batshit GUI but it sounds great. Have started to use Kilohearts convolution but more comfortable with IR1.

I use IR1 as a send, usually a large space and a room. Throwing different sounds through this creates cohesion in the mix by allowing you to generate a space that the sound is taking form in. And that's what reverb does. It simulates 'the world'. We judge the distance/location/origin of sounds by subtle differences in reverberation among other things. Manipulation of this allows you to layer different tracks and keep them separate but still part of a coherent whole. It can also create an unfortunate delusion whereby you think an awful sound is actually good, so use reverb wisely.

My advice for starting to use reverb is to just use presets. Find some you like, add them to a track, get it to a point where it's only just audible and then turn it down further unless you want to use it differently. The only knobs you should play with if you don't know what you're doing is dry/wet, and maybe cut some lows and highs.

Among the first 4 pages of forum's "effects" index you will find several / a very lot of reverb threads. Just read and demo your fav ones.
There seems to be a huge demand for reverbs this year.

DCrown wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:10 am Among the first 4 pages of forum's "effects" index you will find several / a very lot of reverb threads. Just read and demo your fav ones.
Yes, but you failed to answer the question - What *is* the best reverb plugin?

vitocorleone123 wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:13 pma matter of time before
Fun fact - that's known as "predelay" in Reverb-Landia!

ValhallaVintageVerb has been my go-to for years, I use it on everything.

The best one is any of them because they all sound the same in 2023. Except the ones that sound better. Use it as you enjoy like salt and pepper, it is 1 part of the jigsaw of your mix sounding professional.

What kind of reverb?

If you want the “best” plate reverb, maybe that’s UVI Plate.

But, I have a song where I want a plate on the snare, and I couldn’t get UVI Plate to sound right on it, but UAD Pure Plate sounded pretty good, and Arturia Rev PLATE-140 sounded even better. So for at least this one track in this one song, Arturia Rev PLATE-140 is the best reverb.

But Rev PLATE-140 sounded terrible on the lead guitar track of some other song, while Eventide SP2016 sounds awesome on it. So for that one track in that song, Eventide SP2016 is the best reverb.

And that’s just sort of how it goes.
And you’ll never know what the “best” reverb is in any situation. You’ll only be able to determine which one sounds best out of the ones you’ve tried. So the more reverbs you have, the broader your reverb horizons.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Sometimes I think let's add some high end reverb or some famous reverb like lexicon, bricasti, some emt plate emu or...
just to find out that Waves Renaissance Reverb sits very well in a mix quite often

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”