Logic Pro 10.8 is out!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Last edited by andypryce on Mon Nov 06, 2023 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

But wait, there's more...

• Deliver a release-ready mix with Mastering Assistant and its professional palette of intuitive sound-shaping tools
• Transform any audio sample into a malleable sound that you can perform using Sample Alchemy
• Radically reshape and reshuffle audio with Beat Breaker, a sophisticated time and pitch morphing plug-in
• New Slip and Rotate tools allow for the contents inside a region to be moved independent of its position on the timeline
• Ability to record in 32-bit float now available when using supported audio devices
• Free "Hybrid Textures" Sample Alchemy pack includes a collection of 70 patches and over 80 loops built from found sounds flipped into creative playable instruments
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7 | TR-8S | MPC One | TD-3 MO

Love to see the ongoing work done for Alchemy. I know I don't use or appreciate that synth enough.

cryophonik wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:50 pm But wait, there's more...

Yes corrected the release notes :)

requires os 13.6 btw. im reluctantly upgrading my os now bc ive wanted sample alchemy that bad. i dont even use logic. gonna regret this for sure. but here i go.
• Logic Pro 10.8.1
• MacBook Pro 2023 - M2 MAX - 96 GB RAM
• Focusrite Red 8Line + UAD Satellite

Boooooring. Automatic mastering whaddahell. For more homogeneous edm kid music. These are good:

- Delay Compensation with side-chained plug-ins is now calculated accurately.
- Time based plug-ins now sound correctly when placed after high-latency plug-ins with Low Latency Mode enabled

But I can’t believe they still haven’t updated the GUIs for Space Designer, Ultrabeat, ES1, ES2. It’s getting a bit… funny

The updated GUIs are coming.

Don't forget about the new plugins: Sample Alchemy, Beat Breaker, Mastering Assistant (don't knock it till you try it - it's good).

A lot of updates/fixes, but on first glance, it doesn't look very impressive to me. I am very new to Logic Pro, so maybe I was expecting a bit too much (and different) thinking we are approaching a major update.

I would love to see some updates to the Browser area (for e.g. favoriting of samples in Untagged Loops section) and plugin search option in the plugin selection menus.

i pretty much only want 2 features now that would get me to switch back: automating skewing and piano roll scale highlight/scale collapse like ableton and cubase.
• Logic Pro 10.8.1
• MacBook Pro 2023 - M2 MAX - 96 GB RAM
• Focusrite Red 8Line + UAD Satellite

For some reason Blackhole is now no longer recognised... or rather it appears to have been renamed as 'Blackhole (no midi)' and old projects using the plugin result in it being flagged as not installed on the system. I'm still on 10.7.4 as project loading started taking obscenely long in all later versions.

Has Logic changed with regards to plugin ID handling in the last few updates?

I'll see if there's a newer version of Blackhole.
Every day takes figuring out all over again how to f#ckin’ live.

Since it requires an OS jump for me, I'll pass.
Anyway, the ? is answered. Another free update for Logic—if you have the hardware/software combo to run it. Same old.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

hurricaneaudiolab wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 5:29 pm The updated GUIs are coming.
When?

qtheerearranger wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 5:07 pm requires os 13.6 btw. im reluctantly upgrading my os now bc ive wanted sample alchemy that bad. i dont even use logic. gonna regret this for sure. but here i go.
i'm on 13.5.2 and it installed w/o any problem. works fine

edit: launch app store then go to your user account, find logic in your installs.. click on it to go to the page and the update will be there.

qtheerearranger wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 5:37 pm i pretty much only want 2 features now that would get me to switch back: automating skewing and piano roll scale highlight/scale collapse like ableton and cubase.
Yes, yes, yes! Scale highlighting/collapse/lock so I can't enter notes out of scale.

In the meantime I just throw a transposer midi effect on every channel, but its kinda annoying.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”