Cannot get my Plug'n Script Plug-in to send MIDI events when parameter values change

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm new to Plug'n Script so this is a newbie question.
I tried using Mini-Compressor within Cakewalk as a try out of Plug'n Script.
In the Control Input menu I have ticked the 'Send MIDI events when parameter values change'.
I'm using MIDI-OX to monitor MIDI input and output.
I can't get any MIDI data to output when I turn any of the controls on the Mini-Compressor.
I can't see how to select which MIDI device to send the data to?
Am I doing something wrong?

Hi,

When used as a plug-in, Plug'n Script does not communicate directly with MIDI devices. It can only send the events to the host application.

So in your case you simply need to create an extra MIDI track in Cakewalk, set its input to the output of your Plug'n Script instance, and its output to the physical MIDI device output you want the events to be sent to. Make sure that input monitoring is on for this MIDI track. The events should be sent from Plug'n Script to your device.

Hi
Thanks, I got the MIDI I/O working following your advice. As I plan to have quite a large number of custom VST panels (which would require a large number of 'dummy' MIDI tracks in Cakewalk), I'm going to use the 'AZ Controller' API interface which allows the mapping of MIDI I/O directly to VST plugins. AZ only works for Cakewalk but worth a look at https://www.azslow.com/

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”