Waldorf Largo 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I think I will get two just in case I lose one.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

What happened with that Waldorf logo?

If anyone's going to Superbooth maybe you could visit them at booth W315 and tell them it's been about 2.5 months since they said they would fix Largo 2's issues.

chk071 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:02 pm You can get Largo 2 for a very special price now. Only 162 €.

:ud:
German comedy at its best

papillons wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 9:53 am What happened with that Waldorf logo?
Their resident graphics designer (Axel Hartmann) made a new one. Yes, it's pretty... peculiar.

chk071 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:02 pm You can get Largo 2 for a very special price now. Only 162 €.

:ud:
Their brand carries alot of value like Moog. This is the legendary company that made the Quantum and the Q.

Moog sells their Model D for $3,000, if they really wanted to sell it for $500 they probably could if they used modern mass production.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

I just wished the amount of work and effort they put in their plugins would in any way justify the high price.

Largo 1 got loads of updates and enhancements.

It works the other way around - if they make enough money from 2, they work on it. If they don't - they don't.

The OG code is obsolete by now. Updating it, without breaking backwards compatibility = nightmare. Try to find a German software developer that would do this for free.

Medenka wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 6:37 am It works the other way around - if they make enough money from 2, they work on it. If they don't - they don't.
That can quickly become a boomerang, if people who pay 162 € for a soft synth realize that they get zero support in terms of updates.

If Waldorf don't care, then they simply shouldn't offer. 162 € is a lot of money for a plugin which merely sees 2 version numbers, even if there are issues with it, and despite the completely amateurish GUI.

Largo 1 is the much better product, in terms of everything really.

I'd say it has become a vicious circle for them. Nave was abandoned in the same fashion - half-finished, lots of bugs. That was years ago. Do they have in-house, full-time coders? There are no signs they have! Probably hired guns from time to time - to do a specific job for a specific amount of money, and then - bye-bye, coder! Like making a resizable skin for Largo and call it version 2. And in the only bug-fix release thus far some of the drop-down menus got fixed (bigger size), and some didn't. An in-house developer wouldn't do that! Wouldn't leave it like that!

You can still use Largo 1, though! Of course.

Medenka wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 10:22 pm I'd say it has become a vicious circle for them. Nave was abandoned in the same fashion - half-finished, lots of bugs. That was years ago. Do they have in-house, full-time coders? There are no signs they have! Probably hired guns from time to time - to do a specific job for a specific amount of money, and then - bye-bye, coder!
Sure looks like it. Also with their hardware synths.

Largo 1.8 for 20 euro,buy now....i'm kidding.....no seriously,buy now :):):)

Return to “Instruments”