Waldorf Largo 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

got it now thank you
Collector of VSTs

Now I just had a patch go silent on me in a saved project. No matter what I do - raise the volume, toggle some things on and off, reload the patch - it still does not make a sound. I can scroll through other presets and I can hear those, but the specific preset used on the track makes no sound no matter what.

Largo 2 is not ready for serious production work, at least in Logic.

I like the dark skin better than the light one. I think the OG Largo 1 skin was too heavy handed on grays and lacked contrast. I don't agree with red as accent color since it's also tiring when used for extended periods of time, but overall I find the GUI more pleasant than Largo 1.

The font in certain menu entries is definitely too small, compared to font in context menus from File, Edit and Category menus for example. That's definitely a bug.

And they could've spent 5 minutes in theming the context menu colorss so that they fit the rest of the GUI, instead of defaulting to the boring JUCE green. :)

While there are some nice presets, and usable tones in here.. the GUI is a bit of a challenge. The file browser... wont show patches, when you double-click on the Banks. Instead - you have to "Refresh" that bank (or Refresh all, refreshing all banks) then, click or double-click on the .fxb file. Sometimes double-clicking works.?? Anyway - it wasnt obvious what I was supposed to be doing, and while the manual mentions using "Refresh" it wasnt specific. So.. something I was doing? through clicking and double-clicking in the GUI cause multiple copies of Largo2/Largo2/Largo2/.... along with the aupresets I had created. It is a mess.. on OSX. This under users/username/Audio/Presets/Waldorf/Largo2 .. then /Largo2... forever??? This is for my User library. The factory+ presets are organized under Users/Shared.... where they are not duplicated.

So.. There are a few things Waldorf still needs to work out...

Appears Waldorf has adopted the fail-forward philosophy to their product development.

EvilDragon wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 3:09 pm I like the dark skin better than the light one. I think the OG Largo 1 skin was too heavy handed on grays and lacked contrast. I don't agree with red as accent color since it's also tiring when used for extended periods of time, but overall I find the GUI more pleasant than Largo 1.

The font in certain menu entries is definitely too small, compared to font in context menus from File, Edit and Category menus for example. That's definitely a bug.

And they could've spent 5 minutes in theming the context menu colorss so that they fit the rest of the GUI, instead of defaulting to the boring JUCE green. :)
So, it is JUCE. Probably a good choice for them for their future software.

I'll try the dark GUI. Still dislike the light one.

Well, the light one has better contrast. But, they're both pretty bad really. Bad choice of colors for fonts and text fields, way too small font, and the font looks pretty fuzzy as well. Really hope they put some work into it still...

EvilDragon wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 3:09 pm I like the dark skin better than the light one. I think the OG Largo 1 skin was too heavy handed on grays and lacked contrast. I don't agree with red as accent color since it's also tiring when used for extended periods of time, but overall I find the GUI more pleasant than Largo 1.

Yeah I don't really mind the new GUI in terms of layout.

I think the light skin could be vastly improved by getting rid of the gradients and most of the drop shadow effects. Looks really dated and kind of dirty.

The dark skin could be improved by making the secondary colour a darkish blue and nearly white text.

Angry red is really not a good choice.

chk071 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:00 pm
That's why the stupid installer forces you to reboot the machine when its finished..

mothra wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 2:21 pm That's why the stupid installer forces you to reboot the machine when its finished..
It doesn't.

It does not at all, indeed. And it would be unrelated to JUCE anyways.

mothra wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 2:21 pm
chk071 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:00 pm
That's why the stupid installer forces you to reboot the machine when its finished..
Not on Windows.

They should hire Tony from Klangelm to do the GUI next time. He did such a good job on TENS reverb.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

chk071 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:03 pm Not on Windows.
On the Mac they do.

This update is a joke. I am happy that I first read KVR and than tried the Demo. It’s a step backwards from V1. Even for 2€ I wouldn’t update.

It still does not seem to save the gui size… on reload, it is small again. You, too?

Return to “Instruments”