Charlatan³ Free VA synth updated to v3.1.2 (Win/Linux)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Charlatan

karrikuh wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:31 pm 3.1.0 released!
  • New Phaser FX modes (8-pole, Allpass)
  • New area selection in MSEG editor (Shift-Click-Drag) allows to edit as well as delete (via Delete/Backspace key) multiple breakpoints together
  • Add polarity switch for MSEG
  • Allow to switch presets via arrow keys in browser
  • Minor UI tweaks
  • BUGFIX: Regression from 3.0.1 where voices could continue processing while silent
Great. Will check it out soon. ❤️
One thing i have discovered: Although i can highlight the line in custom editor of the osc, i can't bend it to a curve - it stays linear.
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

Sounds good, looks good! Hope we can get some UI resizing goodness as well

I would like a brush that allows me to make 32-step chiptune type waveforms.

I would like a lifetime holiday in the Bahamas with $500k spending money each month :wink:
No auto tune...

i would love that too, 100k each month is enough though
aliasing plugin owner
:?

digitalboytn wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:05 amin the Bahamas
What a place to die of boredom!

Above all Thank You again for your fantastic synth
In the new 3.10 version I have some troubles with the drawing of the custom waveforms, in particular adding new points.
In this version I can add new points in waveform view only with the combination ctrl+left mouse click.
When I add a single point and then I click on the drawing space near the waveform line the plugin crash. I have tried two different vst3 host and the problem is similar (in one host crash only charlatan but I can reopen it without any problem, in another the plugin crash with the host).
When I add many point with ctrl+leftclick exactly on the waveform line the plugin don't crash and then I can drag these points without problems but when I remove all the unnecessary points and add another one and click on the drawing space the plugin crash as described above.

Another observation is that adding points in mseg in 3.10 version is possible clicking two time with the mouse near the curve as previous version and as the behaviour of version 3.01 for wave drawing.

As I said I don't know if this problem arise only for me and I hope you can excuse me if I do something wrong.

Thank you again...

After reading that Charlatan 3 has undergone a major update and is being used for One Synth Challenge #182, I decided to play with it for a while, and was able to find a way to microtune Charlatan 3 in equal temperaments.

Here is the link to the video on YouTube: https://youtu.be/yB8m6Clr_7o

Enjoy!

What an absolute gem of a plugin , it does have a closed sound for lack of a better word , polite perhaps ?
Which isn't a bad thing , it sounds amazing
Puts manny commercial offerings to shame
I've said it before and I'll say it again .
Fantastic work !
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

terriandralph wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 1:06 pm After reading that Charlatan 3 has undergone a major update and is being used for One Synth Challenge #182, I decided to play with it for a while, and was able to find a way to microtune Charlatan 3 in equal temperaments.

Here is the link to the video on YouTube: https://youtu.be/yB8m6Clr_7o

Enjoy!
You can create a folder called Microtunings to share with everyone.

rickdom wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:10 pm <...> In the new 3.10 version I have some troubles with the drawing of the custom waveforms, in particular adding new points.
In this version I can add new points in waveform view only with the combination ctrl+left mouse click. <...>
Thanks for the detailed report, there was indeed something odd going on. It should hopefully be fixed in the latest release 3.1.1.

3.1.1 released!
  • Support polyphonic glide
  • BUGFIX: Cannot create breakpoint via double-click in Osc waveform editor (regression from 3.1.0)
  • BUGFIX: Crash in Osc waveform editor (regression from 3.1.0)

Hi again, I've found I need labels on Macros, or something to comment basic routing or function. And of course, 2 macros are not enough with this synth engine, but typing comments or labels on X/Y macros could be useful.
And I added some presets on the Charlatan's KVR download section, feel free to add it to the Charlatan collection the ones that fit.
Downloading last update.

XLFO - with Phase=0 when MONO, it don't restart on Key strike. Deactivating XLFO MONO, it restarts on keypress. Play mode is MONO Retrig. That happens in both Mod2 & Mod3.
Last edited by wikter on Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

brok landers wrote:
-snip-

Great. Will check it out soon. ❤️
One thing i have discovered: Although i can highlight the line in custom editor of the osc, i can't bend it to a curve - it stays linear.
@karrikuh - any Idea in the above?
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

wikter wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:04 am 3.1.1
XLFO - with Phase=0 when MONO, it don't restart on Key strike. Deactivating XLFO MONO, it restarts on keypress. Play mode is MONO Retrig. That happens in both Mod2 & Mod3.
That's by design. If Phase=0 and MONO active, LFO phase is reset to 0 at song start.

Return to “Instruments”