Ample Bass P Lite II only runs as Administrator in Win 10

Official support for: amplesound.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is that it? Can't run it as a User in Windows 10 build 19045? If that's it then that's it for this plugin because I don't run anything as Administrator.

Any help greatly appreciated.

sleepingbird

So in Win 10 I've upped the permissions for Users on the "Ample Sound" and "ABPL Library" folders in the Program Files directory to "Full Control" but still won't run as User. Hmmm....

Anybody here?

sleepingbird
Last edited by sleepingbird on Mon Oct 02, 2023 5:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Correction: It runs - but it won't load the library. It runs and loads the library perfectly fine as Administrator.

Hey Y'all - I'n new to Ample Sound stuff. If this is redundant please post a link to the answer. Thank you. I'm searchin' but I ain't findin'.

Did you try installing the library in your user folder instead of Program Files? I believe that is where it installs by default.
Those free version 2 instruments are very old though, so they may behave differently.

Thank you very much! I will try that asap. :) thumbs up!

Thanks. That didn't work either. I can't get this thing to work. So I've got bass sample players like the Kontact free funk bass, the Independence bass, the George Yohng bass and they're all fine but to be convincing for Rock I think you need that double note hit capability - and I'm not even sure that will be good enough. I just wanted something that I can play from my Akai MPK mini that sounds real so that I don't have to get out the old bass guitar. Oh well, if nobody knows how to install this thing I guess it's back to the old bass guitar.

Things could be worse.

So if anyone is interested, I went back to the Kontact Player - funk bass and set the stop to 1/8 and cranked up the drive knob -and it's pretty convincing on the repetitive single note beating rock style (some call it "chugging"). So yeah, I don't need this thing at all. And you might not either. ;-)

Another nice thing about the Kontact funk bass is it goes down to B below the usual low E. That's 5 notes lower and that's awesome. (And it's free).

Return to “Ample Sound”