Best free VSTi+Soundfont (-ingredients) for energized 93-96s Eurodance composers

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Looking for the following 'ingredients', fitting to this style of music, as free VSTi or Soundfont (or even Wav samples)..curious about your recommandations, whatever 'ingedient(s)' you mention..:wink:

Software Emulation of the most important instruments in 'energized 90s Eurodance': ..
We need the following 'ingredients': ->

- Roland TR-909 Drum machine
- Lately Bass (Preset of Yamaha TX81z)
- Solid Bass (Preset of Yamaha DX100?)
- Leads (Saw and Square waves and those typical leads they used back then in 90s Eurodance)
- Strings & Pads (Simular like those ones of Roland Juno 106, Roland JV1080 etc.)
- Supersaw (That 'deeper' and rhythmic 'lead' sounds)
- Monster Bass (for Beat1 and Beat2 accents / like occured in "Its my life / Dr. Alban")
- E-Piano (mainly used for Rhythm and offbeat accents)
- Church Organ (for exotic intros)
- Accoustic Rhythm Guitar?
- Vocals emulation

any ingredients I've forgot?

:phones: .. looking for clean and crispy sounds :wink:

So far I'm using: ..

-TR-909 Drums: A selection of various wave samples in Sitala Drum sampler (Samples: Soundworks+BPM Supreme etc) and the NTonyx 32MB Gm Stereo Soundfont with its TR-909 preset for some elements, like its Analog Kick, Crash and Percussion. (To emulate the soundfonts, Im using SFZ via JBridge in my 64bit Podium free DAW)

-Bass - TAL Bassline (SH-101) Emulation + Synth Basses of various soundfont banks, since I couldn't find any decent samples or VSTi's of Yamaha "Lately Bass or Solid Bass preset" sounds, that were satisfying my needs. Honestly, none of them I've tried, did sound even a bit close to the real hardware thing, no matter, with which reverb+echo delay plugins I've enhanced the sound and how I've tweaked it. If ive missed somethin, I hope someone can poste a quick guide here, on how to create a nice lately bass with a free "4 OP FM synth"+ which Effect plugin tweaks it requires, so that we can let sound our Lately basses at least a bit more authentic. (A clean and punchy sound at the same time would be great)

-Strings & Pads - Korg Wavestation and Poly 2106 (Carpet Pad Magic preset)

-Supersaw - Synth1+Eurodance Presets for the typical "Supersaw + Eurosaw" Sounds, we know from back then, in 1993-96.

-Church Organ 2nd VSTi (For creating nice exotic intros, like in "IceMC / Its a rainy day, or even "Prince Ital Joe Feat. Marky Mark - United")

-Leads (Lots of VSTi and Soundfonts I've tested here, like Podolski with Echo Delay effects and reverb, but never could find anything, that did sound authentic enough so far, nor could satisfy my needs..and I've tried a lot in combination with various echo delay and reverb effects) Please help with good suggestions, I want to improve this part for better arrangements & compositions.

-E-Piano (for Rhythm and offbeat accents) Korg M1, EP-Station, 4Front E-Piano, various Soundbanks with decent 90's E-Piano Sounds in it or Dexed* with Epiano Presets (*Yamaha DX7 Emulation)

-Roland R-8 'Reverse Cymbal' 16bit Wav Sample (Using it, by sliding the loudest part always to beat 1 and by cutting off the rest of its sample, to let come in a new part with a Crash, Kick etc.)

-Toms (Found that "MT Power Drum Kit VSTi" its Toms fitting quite well here)

-Effect Plugins: Olskoolverb, Ambience or EpicVerb, Tal Dub II, Loudmax, PanCake and some more I cant remember right now.

Well, although, lots of these mentioned selections might be good choices as for freebies, anyway, the weakest point of my ingredients are the Bass and Lead's part, which I urgently have to improve, to find again enough motivation to create new projects. Hope someone can help out..

... so what are u guys using? :ud:

You can make your music life way easier with one synth only,capable of everything you ask plus more - Sylenth1.
I use it for euro dance,modern techno,house,pop - even modern rock if you like some extra harmonics,this synth deliver.
Just finalizing really diverse set for it so that's my first go to synth for every 'Dance' project i start,then add something different from another synths.
Cheers :)

@Velltone Music
Sylenth1 isnt free, but thx for ur reply and hint anyway..can u tell me what kind of restrictions / limitations the Sylenth1 demo version has? :wink:

Gabriel_West wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 4:06 amI hope someone can poste a quick guide here, on how to create a nice lately bass with a free "4 OP FM synth"+ which Effect plugin tweaks it requires, so that we can let sound our Lately basses at least a bit more authentic.
Lately Bass (TX81Z/DX11) should be quite the same as Solid Bass (DX27).

Here's at least a guide how to achieve Solid Bass (+ patch download) with Dexed:
https://musictech.com/tutorials/learn-a ... ith-dexed/

:love: Cool thx, that solid bass patch download for Dexed (below on page) seems useful indeed. I also found a Lately Bass preset elsewhere for Dexed, though, without a decent guide on how to recreate that punchy sound with various effects like, Reverb, Echo Delay, bit of Distortion, Saturation?, Compressor?, Equalizer?, Bass Amp?, Modulation?, Lo-Pass Hi-Pass Filter?, Exciter/Enhancer?, I feel like a treasure hunter without a map,

since that Dexed Lately Bass preset still sounds inacceptable into my ears without FX enhancements, as also other FM synths with lately bass presets do <- wonder if its worth trying to recreate one with the right selection of FX Plugins and the right tweaking, by using free VSTi's only, like Dexed, Oxe FM, Exact Lite or maybe another 4 OP FM Synth?

Anyone, can poste a "How to recreate a Lately Bass with free VSTi + VST effects" guide here pleaseeeee?

Making professional music with free synths wasn't easy till recently,that's why i recommended Sylenth1,but now we have few amazing free synths capable of pro sound available,so check this topic,may found something useful there:
viewtopic.php?t=596971

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”