Augustus Loops, Ableton, and the FCB1010

Official support for: expertsleepers.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello I was wondering if anyone has used a custom AL script with a Behringer FCB1010 and Ableton.

This is something to do with Ableton as it works fine in Reaper, Bitwig, and Cubase. It is also specifically an FCB and Ableton problem because sending the same note from my Launchpad works as intended. And as far as I can tell it's specifically an FCB/Ableton/AL problem because according to Abletons midi monitor it is receiving the correct data and synths played with the button trigger correctly.

I have the FCB set to send a note that activates the HoldRec on noteOn and releases Rec on noteOff.
But in Ableton it causes the Rec buttons to become stuck and releasing the footswitch doesnt stop the Rec. Other functions are trigerring twice per button press, once on press, once on release.

The FCB send junk sometimes that maybe Ableton hates but I have tried a few methods of filtering like Midi-Ox to filter everything but note messages from the FCB and send to a separate midi output. I've also tried all of Reapers midi filters and the Helgoboss ReaLearn extension to remap buttons to other buttons and then out a different midi output to Ableton but AL still doesn't function correctly, getting stuck on hold record or double triggering.

I just can't figure out why it functions like this only in Ableton. Ableton also weirdly doesn't pass control or program messages to its tracks? My minds fried from too many DAW's.
Any help would be greatly appreciate. I'd rather not abandon the FCB as similar pedals are double+ the price. I'd go the FCB UnO route if I knew it would definitely work, but a solution that didn't cost money (like a script change) would be preferable

Thank you for your time

Return to “Expert Sleepers”