Feature Request

Official support for: apisoniclabs.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hey guys,

so we're having the possibility to layer 8 samples per pad, which is a powerful function. having the overall number of 32 pads, gives us the overall number to store 256 samples per kit/preset. as far as i know, only groove agent by steinberg can save more samples in one preset by having 128 samples in one kit, but it features 4 kits in total (per preset) which makes up the overall count of 512 samples per preset.

you might ask, who needs this much samples in a kit, so let me just explain my thought about that?

when looking at the layering perspective, 8 samples per pad is just fine and maybe even overpowered for the purpose, but let's think about the purpose of beeing like a sampletank. putting up a sampletank for your favourite drum samples inside a genre is, in connection with the possibilities given by the plugin, a very powerful feature.

let's say you came up with midi patterns inside your daw for drum grooves with variations and all that stuff, that you need to sequence your favorite drum grooves in your composing process. you would have your snares and kick drum midi triggers at the same midi notes, for the same pads, , triggering a kickdrum, a snare, percussions, cymbals, whatever, we all know about that.

now, having the plugin featuring more than one sample on one pad (which is a very powerful feature for that purpose) gives us the opportunity to just choose different samples for the midi groove, to find out the best sounds wanted for that "new song", if it makes sense.

just for that purpose (not thinking about the layering purpose for a moment), it would be just a insanely freaky powerful feature, to have the potential of beeing able to save the most sounds to one pad possible. so when just doubling up from 8 to 16, we could beat groove agents possibilities to store 512 samples per kit. but beating groove agent is not the wanted aspect here, having the named workflow above for midi drum patterns is not very doable with groove agent at all, because it only stores one sample per pad, it just gives you 512 pads per preset, so you have to switch the pads and stuff, which is slowing down the creative process incredibly.

and thats the aspect i would like to boost with this idea, you would just choose samples by having them all on the same pad, just choosing the right one speeds up the workflow immens and thats the unbeatable feature, the plugin offers. exactly that is the feature why i love this plugin so much, it's in every session and in every process i do in drum programming. its the only plugin i know so far, that offers that insane handy feature.

my thought, or request now is, to extend the number of samples, that can be stored onto a pad and i think, that from the coding perspective, it wouldn't be much of a hard work to archieve that. so maybe doubling from 8 to 16 would be fine, but any number above would be a gift from heaven.

don't get me wrong, my intend is not to critizise in any way here, i love that plugin, it's one of the best ones out there for the purpose, i'm really thankful for the work you put into it and the thought behind it.

thanks
zag

Thanks for the suggestion and the detailed explanation.

Don't be afraid to criticize, especially if you think it can contribute to the improvement of the product :wink:

Return to “Apisonic Labs”