DC in ApShaper??

Official support for: www.apulsoft.ch
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've been demoing ApShaper and enjoying it very much but when I use ApShaper on my masterbus using the Transformer preset, I get a low thump when I instantiate it. Sometimes not until I press play in Logic. It seems like it's DC and I'm wondering if there's anything that can be done about it before I purchase. Please advise.

EDIT: Additionally, I've discovered that the low end thump occurs simply by scrolling through the presets. And in both AU and VST versions. I do really like ApShaper but this is concerning to me and will likely keep me from purchasing until the DC issue can be resolved.

Ok, I'm looking into it. Various settings in apShaper can produce a lot of dc offset as everything goes to 11. Any asymmetrical waveshaping/saturation does create dc offset. That's why there is a dc killer filter before the output, but maybe it is not always resetting properly or not set up aggressively enough on some of the presets - or might need improving in general.

Pflugshaupt wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 8:27 am Ok, I'm looking into it. Various settings in apShaper can produce a lot of dc offset as everything goes to 11. Any asymmetrical waveshaping/saturation does create dc offset. That's why there is a dc killer filter before the output, but maybe it is not always resetting properly or not set up aggressively enough on some of the presets - or might need improving in general.
Yes, I was hoping the DC Killer would help more than it has with this issue. I very much hope it can be resolved. Thanks!

Return to “apulSoft”